K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

giphy.gif

(I watch TNT. I call up #ED for some reassurance, hug my Interstellar copies on Blu Ray and cry myself to sleep)

And then you will have a nightmare like this.

jurassic-park-3-raptor-dream.gif?w=504&h

tumblr_mlh5itpEM41rl52wjo1_500.gif

Why wouldn't you want him to do another original film that he created himself?

Two reasons:

1. He's already doing an original film that I believe is currently shooting, so I'm okay on that front.

2. I want his career to blow up, and it seems like this is the way to do it in today's filmmaking society. I'm also convinced he'd do a great big budget film, and I know he's not going to get that without taking a franchise first, and I think Jurassic Park fits his sensibilities best.

Fuck it! It's my day off and I want a me day, so I'm going to treat myself. 3D IMAX of Jurassic World, poutine for dinner and then Mad Max to wrap it up. Stoked! Haven't done a double feature in far too long.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 2

Universal's reaction of JW breaking new records:

tumblr_npltypJNyy1tfr0v3o1_500.gif

Marvel's reaction of having most of their records broken by JW:

nooooooo-o.gif

Marvel better get used to that phrase. The day a fucking Jurassic World remaquel (remake + sequel) is clearly the more original and fresh concept...

• Like 2

In part 5 they'll bring back characters from every movie, but only the kids.

The internet will be outraged if they recast any of those kids actors who they'll have to google

• Like 2

For the first time I can see what Lorfmandeep means about Toronto not being very busy. One theater in my city is busy as hell but the one im at is relatively quiet. The 7pm show is maybe 60% full...not overly busy for a Saturday night.

• Like 1

You guys are being silly of course there are sold out shows in Toronto.

It just not at all time levels.

It's not hate just more missing the fun when a film over performs and it ends up bewildering.

• Like 2

500 Million Domestic is Possible.  OMG

tumblr_m1iaiuEbBP1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

It has to be poetic Justice as "E.T." may be knocked out the Top 10 Domestic for the first time in 33 years by a Spielberg Property. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Wow, reading that JW sold out twitter feed. Awesome stuff. Too bad for those who can't get a show, of course, but awesome for BO.

I'll never understand the idea of not having reserved seats though. It seems so natural to book your seats in advance and not have to wait in line and arrive hours early. How is that not the norm yet?

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1