K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

He's seething.

And this is exactly why celebs need to develop some tact and class and start censoring themselves on social media, this is now immortalized. He publicly trashed JW before it even had any preview screenings and then it crushed his baby.

I haven't seen Jurassic World but why on Earth would Whedon want to do that?

Because his turning Black Widow into a soppy cut character from a B-grade rom-com was truly revolutionary wasn't it? 

People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones. 

Many Marvel fans on here are frequently the worst of the worst so I ain't even mad at this.

Eh. The only ones I know that are, are BKB and the one guy with Captain Marvel in his icon. Be kind not to tar us all with the same brush?

As I said about 100 pages ago, the NolanBat fans were in this same boat 3 years ago.

As some people around here, movies are just a small part of the profit Disney makes off thid universe. Gosh, I can't believe I'm the one defening Marvel.

Granted, but is one franchise that also does extremely well with merchandise, has its own theme park rides, etc.

As some people around here, movies are just a small part of the profit Disney makes off thid universe. Gosh, I can't believe I'm the one defening Marvel.

Coincidentally, ESPN (and by extension the NBA Finals) makes them the most money of all their ventures.

Don't you mean it ate/devoured his baby :P

Funny thing is, I liked Age of Ultron, but loved Jurassic World a hell of a lot more for one big reason. 

JURASSIC WORLD DIDN'T SPOIL THE WHOLE GODDAMN MOVIE IN CLIPS, TV SPOTS AND TRAILERS LIKE AGE OF ULTRON DID!!!

I knew a certain character would die because they kept playing the Helicopter crash on TV ads.

Remember how Age of Ultron repeated the third act of the first movie but in a more nondescript and bland location with more scenes of them saving civilians that no one asked for? that was such a cool movie.

I still don't get why we needed so much OMG WE NEED TO SAVE THOSE PEOPLE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE DO OR ELSE WE DIE WITH THEM BECAUSE WE ARE GREAT HEROES scenes. 

ULTRON:

460m domestic - 253 back to Marvel (roughly)

970m OS - 440 back to Marvel (roughly)

240m China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 753m in returns, against around 450-530m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $223-303m

JW:

600m domestic - 330m to Uni (roughly)

800m(?) OS - 360m to Uni (roughly)

240m(?) China - 60m (roughly)

Total: 750m in returns, against around 330-360m in total production/advertising costs

Total net: $390-420m

When we talk about the end of the Superhero Era in the future, we will talk about this weekend.

I think the thread page record is going down too. Very appropriate.

SW7 is taking that record later this year, and BvS is gonna SHATTER it next year. Perfect combo of big numbers and people getting into stupid annoying fights over dumb superhero movie bullshit that nobody cares about

• Like 2

He's seething.

And this is exactly why celebs need to develop some tact and class and start censoring themselves on social media, this is now immortalized. He publicly trashed JW before it even had any preview screenings and then it crushed his baby.

This really isn't how 95% of Hollywood people act. I don't know Whedon personally, of course, but I've seen or heard nothing that would lead me to think he's like that. Ari Gold he is not.

• Like 1

marvel wins thecwar, but jpworld wins the prestige and 2015 yr vs the so called unbeatable avengers. Lol

I'm not saying they aren't popular overseas.

Overseas has, in many parts, even less discerning taste. Why?

Practically 100% of sequels will do well. Any brand, franchise, reboot, remake, spin-off etc. will do well.

But because "overseas" is made up of so many countries, the penetration level is less though the potential moneymaking is much more.

Just look at China- a country with pretty awful taste. Make a sequel because China wants one. (Transformers, Panda)

It's easy to see why too. They unlike Korea or Japan are still developing, most entertainment is one of escapism so of course big CGI blockbusters will make the most. 

Excuse me? Your country (assuming you are american) got hundred of millions of dollars to shit like SW or Marvel so let's not pretend the taste is better there. Different, that's it.