jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

My best case scenario:

OW - 208.8m

Mon - 25.3m

Tues - 24.8m (-2%)

Wed- 22.3m (-10%)

Thurs - 20.8m (-10%)

2nd WE - 110m (-48% from OW and -42% OW w/o previews)

• Like 2

Anyways, Jessie, i hope you got it now? Whatever the poster posted, it never meant 200m weekend.

I know he never meant a 200m 2nd weekend, I understood it was a typo but for a moment it didn't seem like you knew it was a typo lol

My best case scenario:

OW - 208.8m

Mon - 25.3m

Tues - 24.8m (-2%)

Wed- 22.3m (-10%)

Thurs - 20.8m (-10%)

Seems about right. Though, my projections would be a little lower. I'm jumping off my initial belief that Jurassic gross $80M to $90M this coming weekend. Now, convinced it's going to gross at least $90M to $100M. Weekdays look about right though.

Separate note, Inside Out's generating freak buzz. Beyond that of even Fury Road. Two uber-acclaimed films within a month. Warms my heart. Thinking at least $70M+ for Inside Out this weekend too.

I know he never meant a 200m 2nd weekend, I understood it was a typo but for a moment it didn't seem like you knew it was a typo lol

No! Even in the typo it didn't mean 200m second weekend. That was what i was talking 'bout! 2 Weekdays of 70M then a 100m 2nd weekend.

My best case scenario:

OW - 208.8m

Mon - 25.3m

Tues - 24.8m (-2%)

Wed- 22.3m (-10%)

Thurs - 20.8m (-10%)

Would love to see the wed drop is it possible? if tt ends up like this Avengers is gonna blow away lol

Would love to see the wed drop is it possible? if tt ends up like this Avengers is gonna blow away lol

TDK dropped 11% I think on it's first Wed, but Tues drop was much higher if I remember correctly. IMO, I think this is possible since I kno a lot of schools around me that got out yesterday and today so it may soften the drops a little

Edited by MJL

So you mean a slightly bigger 'American Sniper'?

BTW Star Wars could do it if it opened to 200m and had great WOM with its release date.

Essentially yes.

As for Star Wars, if it gets amazing WOM it is the sort of film that could break Avatar, I personally do not see it doing a 200M OW in December. I see it opening to about 125(which is crazy for December) and then acting like LOTR:ROTK for most of its run.

For the record a 150M OW with an ROTK multiplier is pretty much bang on Avatar's gross.

Today the decrease is gonna be quite harsh. The spillover from the weekend is over and yesterday was discount Tuesday which helped the movie staying flat.

• Like 2

Essentially yes.

As for Star Wars, if it gets amazing WOM it is the sort of film that could break Avatar, I personally do not see it doing a 200M OW in December. I see it opening to about 125(which is crazy for December) and then acting like LOTR:ROTK for most of its run.

For the record a 150M OW with an ROTK multiplier is pretty much bang on Avatar's gross.

RotK did $125M for its five day opening in 2003. I'd say $125M+ OW is Episode VII's floor. I honestly can't imagine it doing less than $150M+ OW.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Today the decrease is gonna be quite harsh. The spillover from the weekend is over and yesterday was discount Tuesday which helped the movie staying flat.

son't think so john there is still a spillover due to tuesday discount cause many people could not see the movie yesterday so will go today...I don't think today is going harsh i see just over 20  20% drop will be good

I wasn't a big fan of the movie, but I give credit where credit is due. It'd crazy to see a huge run like this. It's also crazy that it took seven years for TDK's records to fall.

Colin, Derek, Steven, Chris, and Bryce, I tip my hat to you.

• Like 1

No! Even in the typo it didn't mean 200m second weekend. That was what i was talking 'bout! 2 Weekdays of 70M then a 100m 2nd weekend.

urrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh I know he didn't mean a 200m second weekend, but he said 500m in 10 days which would have required a 200m 2nd weekend to happen, hence my 200m 2nd weekend post.

Here is his original post

'I'm stoked. If it does hit 400m on Thursday (a real long shot) then 500m in 10 days is in sight'

now do you understand? I didn't seriously think he meant a 200m 2nd weekend, do you get that now?

There needs to be a sticky announcement reminding the same group who brings the issue up every summer: U.S. schools do not get out at the same time.

The last day for NYC schools this year for example is June 26.

• Like 2

Essentially yes.

See I don't believe this nonsense that movies cant open high in December. I Am Legend's OW would adjust to about 105m now taking 3d into consideration.

Avatar had the record for biggest opening of all time in December and it was an original film.

All this tells me that no movie has opened massive in Decembers because there hasn't been a film worthy of opening massive yet, it hasn't been tested and Star Wars will show the doubters that a massive OW can take place in December, just like Passion proved a film could open big in Feb, THG proved a film can open big in march and Fast and furious in April.

The general audience don't say to themselves, ah its December, I wont watch this film im eagerly anticipating just yet, ill wait a week or 2. Star wars imo is more likely to break the OW record than open to just 125m.

• Like 4