jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

It's obviously slowing down.

It'll be lucky to make 100 mill this weekend

Should end with a mere 580 mill

Probably won't hit 1.4 bill WW

Was really slow in places like Kapuskasing, Chatham, Kitchener, Lachine, and Fredericton.

Not impressed

Admissions it is not beating some of the big boys.

#sarcasm

#hatersgonnahate

#kiddingobviously

Edited by baumer
  • Like 17

It's obviously slowing down.

It'll be lucky to make 100 mill this weekend

Should end with a mere 580 mill

Probably won't hit 1.4 bill WW

Was really slow in places like Kapuskasing, Chatham, Kitchener, Lachine, and Fredericton.

Not impressed

Admissions it is not beating some of the big boys.

:huh:

• Like 1

hmm..... not bad......

TDK total would be a good target from here.

It's going to pass TDK for sure! 550M is the target, and I think 600M is definitely on the table.

It will gross around 380M-400M after 10days! How can this only gross less than 150M after a 85M+ 2nd weekend? 

Anecdotal but I drove by the two theaters in my town and business looks pretty similar to last night, maybe slightly better. Would be nice to see it reach $23m today (-9%).

Good call Red.  :)

I'm going to go ahead and sleep on this number.

Remember, Rth's Monday estimate changed by 250K, so this figure is by no means locked. If it stays above $24.5M though, it's still amazing.

JW's first Tuesday was higher than TDK's first Monday. Let that one sink in...

Remember, Rth's Monday estimate changed by 250K, so this figure is by no means locked. If it stays above $24.5M though, it's still amazing.

Do you have any idea what you just said?  When you are talking about a number like 25 million, and it changes by 1%, that is an incredibly accurate number by RTH.  He doesn't post exact dollar amounts as he still has to plug in some estimates based on late shows on the west coast.  So sure, this number could go down or up by a few hundred thousand and no one will bat an eyelash.  

• Like 3

What if... it grosses 300M in a week?

Crossing my fingers

I already theorized this. It would need something like $21 million tomorrow and $20 million on Thursday to do that.

Possible? Sure. Just really really unlikely. It would be more impressive than anything so far in this run.

Okay okay so it's hard to beat an OW that doubled projections. But you get my point.

TDK's first Monday actually adjusts to over 30m when taking 3d into consideration. Let that one sink in.

• Like 1

What if... it grosses 300M in a week?

Crossing my fingers

You mean in 7 days?  It's at about 258 now.  It needs 42 mill in two days.  I'd say it's going to be close.

Do you have any idea what you just said? When you are talking about a number like 25 million, and it changes by 1%, that is an incredibly accurate number by RTH. He doesn't post exact dollar amounts as he still has to plug in some estimates based on late shows on the west coast. So sure, this number could go down or up by a few hundred thousand and no one will bat an eyelash.

I'm just saying that it could hit $25M. Nothing to do with Rth being right or wrong. He's done enough favors for us for me to disrespect him.

• Like 1

Its nice to see the 3 biggest films of 2015 won't be a CB movie.

1. Star Wars

2. Jurassic World

3. The Rock with a minigun

You meant DOM or WW? SW and JW can beat AOU DOM but WW?? Very unlikely.

FF7 can be WW champ but it won't even be in the top 4 DOM.

You meant DOM or WW? SW and JW can beat AOU DOM but WW?? Very unlikely.

FF7 can be WW champ but it won't even be in the top 4 DOM.

JW grossed half a billion dollars worldwide opening weekend. I'm pretty sure FF7 and AOU WW are going down. Heck, $2 billion might be possible for JW, but that's for a later discussion.

• Like 2