AndyLL

Wednesday Actuals: Jurassic World 9.44M | Inside Out 9.37M

Ted 2 is all like "I'm the captain now" at the portuguese box office with big numbers. Last one sold huge 330000 tickets over here. This won't touch that stupid huge number but it will still be big. Even A Million Ways sold 150000 tickets in total over here, which was a big hit. Inside Out with some beastly weekdays has reached 100000 tickets today, 8 days. Jurassic World has reached 200000 tickets yesterday :D

Edited by CJohn

Ted 2 is all like "I'm the captain now" at the portuguese box office with big numbers. Last one sold huge 330000 tickets over here. This won't touch that stupid huge number but it will still be big. Even A Million Ways sold 150000 tickets in total over here, which was a big hit. Inside Out with some beastly weekdays has reached 100000 tickets today, 8 days. Jurassic World has reached 200000 tickets yesterday :D

Yeah, Ted 2 seems like it will be huge here too. I has better presales than JW.

Yeah, Ted 2 seems like it will be huge here too. I has better presales than JW.

If it comes close to JW's OW box office is gonna take a huge bump :lol: The first one sold 54000 tickets on OW. JW sold 110000 tickets :lol: 

• Like 1

So that franchise sucks pretty bad in China, lol.

It is the same case everywhere almost. The first movie did 135M OS, this one will do around 160M with the addition of IMAX and 3D. The franchise seems like it should be a big deal based on the way it is promoted and the fan base, but it just isn't.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Why does the studio even bother making more Divergent films? The sequel made less money than the first pretty much everywhere, and the budget-versus-gross ratio seems very flimsy.

The next film will decrease heavily too because the third book is hated

• Like 3

Why does the studio even bother making more Divergent films? The sequel made less money than the first pretty much everywhere, and the budget-versus-gross ratio seems very flimsy.

Because its Lionsgate we're talking about, a small studio that got suddenly catapulted to the level of the Big 6, beating some of them constantly in the last few years thanks to the discovery of some mega-franchises: Twilight, Hunger Games. And now those are almost done. They don't have a choice. Plus, with the home release and TV rights they should still make a profit. 

• Like 1