By far the biggest first Wednesday drop for a June Pixar release:

Inside Out: -28.6%

TS3: -11%

MU: -15%

Cars: -.1%

Brave: -23%

Wall-E: -11%

Cars 2: -21%

Ratatouille jumped 29%, but its first Wednesday was July 4.

Inside Out may be in trouble as it has fallen behind MU on two out of three weekdays. Coupled with Pixar's usual second weekend drop, and it certainly misses $50 million this weekend.

As bad as the number seems, it is basically in line with TDK and Avengers Wednesday-to-Wednesday drops.

DMC - 54.4%

TA2 - 53.9%

TA1 - 53.4%

JP4 - 52.75%

TDK - 52.4%

Both of those films dropped in the low to mid-40's for third weekend. Assuming $99m without Father's Day, a 45% drop would be $54.5m for the weekend.

I'm going with this line of analysing. It gives us the least pessimistic prediction so far. :D

By far the biggest first Wednesday drop for a June Pixar release:

Inside Out: -28.6%

TS3: -11%

MU: -15%

Cars: -.1%

Brave: -23%

Wall-E: -11%

Cars 2: -21%

Ratatouille jumped 29%, but its first Wednesday was July 4.

Inside Out may be in trouble as it has fallen behind MU on two out of three weekdays. Coupled with Pixar's usual second weekend drop, and it certainly misses $50 million this weekend.

I think the unpredictable performance plus it correlating with JW really makes these stats mean nothing. IO isn't performing like other Pixar films just like JW isn't performing like anything else.

I'm just enjoying the ride, bumps and all.

• Like 4

I think the unpredictable performance plus it correlating with JW really makes these stats mean nothing. IO isn't performing like other Pixar films just like JW isn't performing like anything else.

I'm just enjoying the ride, bumps and all.

yeah maybe you right :P we ll see this week end :D

• Like 1

ok so all is ok but 28% drop is unusual in june ... don't get it ....

I don't know...Maybe the audience forgot that it's june. Otherwise I am sure they would have made sure to go in numbers enough to not disturb the usual drops. As for Pixar's 'usual' drops and increases, I am hoping that they forget about this being a Pixar film or the average thur-fri percentage increase of the previous Pixar films and thus forget to maintain their numbers causing an 'unusual' increase this time around....

• Like 1

I don't see how JW even with big weekday jumps drops less than 50% this weekend. IO is another question, basically its weekdays aren't performing like its comps (down then way up then way down) so I need to wait till Friday to see.

It could just be these movies are coming back down to Earth and three 47m weekends will happen this weekend as opposed to 57m.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3

I don't see how JW even with big weekday jumps drops less than 50% this weekend. IO is another question, basically its weekdays aren't performing like its comps (down then way up then way down) so I need to wait till Friday to see.

It could just be these movies are coming back down to Earth and three 47m weekends will happen this weekend as opposed to 57

you still think JW gonna drop -50% this WE?

• Like 1