AndyLL

Wednesday Actuals: Jurassic World 9.44M | Inside Out 9.37M

hmm no offense but you don't understand the box office bro :)

the increase in MAY is different from the increase in late JUNE

in may movies increase +100% from THUR to friday in June barely 60 70%

Is that a sign for JW.

I want JW to pass Avatar DOM.

Edited by Exterminus

No offense but JW has constantly taken a big dump on BO guidelines. I stick to what I've seen as being a valid comparison. TA run. 50 + mill weekend is still happening. Maybe even 55+ mill

hmm no offense but you don't understand the box office bro :)

the increase in MAY is different from the increase in late JUNE

in may movies increase +100% from THUR to friday in June barely 60 70%

• Like 1

will not happend unless crazy holds in weekdays and weekend even Titanic is far. But TA is imo 90%.

I wouldn't say Titanic is far. It has pretty good odds beating it. It'll be like $40m ahead of Avengers after this Weekend and next week is July 4th.

Everyone off on Friday though, so matinees will be much better than a regular Friday.

You are giving too much credit to the Friday. It's not a banking holiday and the only employees guaranteed Friday off are government ones. In my city I know of no one that's closed / off for the 3rd. Matter of fact this year my company didn't even give us a make up holiday like they have in the past.

You are giving too much credit to the Friday. It's not a banking holiday and the only employees guaranteed Friday off are government ones. In my city I know of no one that's closed / off for the 3rd. Matter of fact this year my company didn't even give us a make up holiday like they have in the past.

That's messed up. My company always gives us another day off when a holiday is on the weekend. If it's on Sunday, we get Monday off. If it's on Saturday, we get Friday off. My mom and sister's company is the same way too.

• Like 1

But, a lot of office workers get Friday off as the 4th falls on a Saturday. Or at least everyone I know who doesn't work retail or work in w hospital has it off. So I think it will help somewhat.

As for this weekend, if Ted 2 breaks out, then I think JW ends up around 45m and I/O ends up in the low 50s. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see three films over 50m and a real horse race for the top spot.

As bad as the number seems, it is basically in line with TDK and Avengers Wednesday-to-Wednesday drops.

DMC - 54.4%

TA2 - 53.9%

TA1 - 53.4%

JP4 - 52.75%

TDK - 52.4%

Both of those films dropped in the low to mid-40's for third weekend. Assuming $99m without Father's Day, a 45% drop would be $54.5m for the weekend.

• Like 1