grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s impressive how the movie is actually getting good reviews and still some people fine a way to be negative... what a waste of time.

Its the people predicting 25%. It's all they have left.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm expecting huge numbers here in Italy, tonight i will go in my  multiplex and it's almost sold out for 3 shows (more than 300 seats).

Americans are underestimating  the WW numbers of this so much only because old stuff like dumbo and mary poppins didn't make 5 times their budget (and because it doesn't look white and neither black). This a remake of a 90's classic (not boring old movies like DUMBo) loved in all the world. And there is a fuck..ng disney princess in it. 

Edited by maxalcamo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

I'm expecting huge numbers here in Italy, tonight i will go in my  multiplex and it's almost sold out for 3 shows (more than 300 seats).

Americans are underestimating  the WW numbers of this so much only because old stuff like dumbo and mary poppins didn't make 5 times their budget (and because it doesn't look white and neither black). This a remake of a 90's classic (not boring old movies like DUMBo) loved in all the world. And there is a fuck..ng disney princess in it. 

Now now.  I too think it' s being underestimated but Italy rather liked Dumbo - at least more than AQM and CM

Italy Yearly Box Office

Rank Movie Title Distributor Gross Release
1 Avengers: Endgame Disney $31,904,047 4/24
2 Dumbo (2019) Disney $12,474,318 3/28
3 Ralph Breaks the Internet Disney $12,306,736 1/1
4 Aquaman WB $12,266,930 1/1
5 Captain Marvel Disney $11,458,061 3/6
6 Green Book Eagle $11,058,775 1/31
Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

58 with 18 and  it's scored The Hollywood Reporter a 50 when it's marked rightfully Fresh on RT but then MC doesn't like to read an entire review before slapping on a number to it...

Huh! I thought critics put their own grades

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

I think Italy might perform pretty well compared to most other markets.

Yeah it will most likely open above Dumbo, but in Germany for example I am not yet sold on opening above Marry Poppins and rather certain that it will open below Cinderella (and Jungle Book and B&tB (probably less than 1/4 of this)). Though it obviously could open higher as presales only started on Monday in the 2nd biggest chain and in the biggest chain yesterday, only the Previews today were on sale before that.

Edited by Taruseth

Just now, TMP said:

Huh! I thought critics put their own grades

No.  If they wanted to grade their movies they'd grade them when the published them.    That's all MC and they don't read full reviews and they consistently over grade or under grade - and then they have that magic algorithm that weighs sources.

Even at RT about the half critics don't even submit their reviews or mark them fresh or rotten - particularly mainstream newspaper & magazine reviews where the top critics tend not have graded reviews.