grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

So it seems like we have another Critics/Audience divide again. Though i wonder how much the positive rating is due to the nostalgia of the original itself leaking over to the remake itself.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

11 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

So it seems like we have another Critics/Audience divide again. Though i wonder how much the positive rating is due to the nostalgia of the original itself leaking over to the remake itself.

I think the opposite is more the case. Critics let the fact that it’s a remake and these Disney ones have been overdone and largely stiff at this point cloud their judgement on this one. Hard to see where there’s much to complain over this other than that it’s inherently not a fresh story and maybe the Jafar guy’s acting in parts. 

If this were the first or first in awhile live action Disney remake I’d be willing to bet critics would have liked it. 

Edited by MovieMan89

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Critics gave Beauty and the Beast far better reviews than it deserved. Critics are not biased against Disney's rehashes, they weren't biased against Aladdin. To claim they were is absurd. 

I swear this is like the exact same reactions the Pika fanatics where saying when the reviews first dropped.

If critics don’t like a movie, they don’t like a movie. Besides 60% is nothing to cry about, especially considering low expectations.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Critics gave Beauty and the Beast far better reviews than it deserved. Critics are not biased against Disney's rehashes, they weren't biased against Aladdin. To claim they were is absurd. 

Yeah, and this movie is a million times better than the BatB remake in every single way, which signals to me that critics are simply tired of these and it's clouding their judgement for this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I swear this is like the exact same reactions the Pika fanatics where saying when the reviews first dropped.

If critics don’t like a movie, they don’t like a movie. Besides 60% is nothing to cry about, especially considering low expectations.

To be fair DP had great reviews for a videogame movie. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

To be fair DP had great reviews for a videogame movie. 

and Aladdin is having great reviews for Guy Ritchie movie. 

The point is if critics dislike a movie, they dislike, it’s their opinion. If it pales to the original to them, that’s there opinion.

I don't know what the hell are critics talking about this film, this is better than BATB, period. although not by much, shouldn't be struggle to hit even fresh on RT if BATB can get 70%+

Are critics being islamophobic or something ? 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 3

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

and Aladdin is having great reviews for Guy Ritchie movie. 

Lock&Stock-75%

Snatch-73%

Sherlock Holmes-70%

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.-67%

RocknRolla-60%

Sherlock Holmes:Book of Shadows-60%

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Lock&Stock-75%

Snatch-73%

Sherlock Holmes-70%

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.-67%

RocknRolla-60%

Sherlock Holmes:Book of Shadows-60%

Why stop there

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword - 31%
Revolver - 16%
Swept Away - 5%

Seriously, it's interesting to see that the avg top critics rating for his films 60% and up are all in the 5.5-5.96 range.  Even those in the 70% are in the 5.85- 5.96 range.   Aladdin is currently at 5.83

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't know what the hell are critics talking about this film, this is better than BATB, period. although not by much, shouldn't be struggle to hit even fresh on RT if BATB can get 70%+

Are critics being islamophobic or something ? 

Switch the release dates I bet the RT scores will switch as well, the remakes were more of a novelty in 2017, but now that we're getting 3 a year critics are probably getting tired.