grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

5 minutes ago, I Am said:

Hey now! The original "Pete's Dragon" is a decent classic, albeit not an animated one!

Can't agree there. It's 70's Disney at it most mediocre. The recent version was a lot,lot better.

One of the problems with Disney in the 70's is they kept on trying for another Mary Poppins..and always failing.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, FlashMaster659 said:

Aladdin - Regal Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX & RPX (Full Weekend)

Thursday Total

42(+30)/3374 (1.2%)

Reveal hidden contents

Friday Total

49(+28)/4680 (1.0%)

Reveal hidden contents

Saturday Total

29(+11)/4680 (0.6%)

Reveal hidden contents

Sunday Total

6(+4)/4680 (0.1%)

Reveal hidden contents

Weekend Total

126(+73)/17414 (0.7%)

Aladdin - Regal Edwards Ontario Palace IMAX & RPX (Thursday Night)

IMAX 2D

6:00 PM - 24/532

9:15 PM - 23/532

RPX 2D

7:00 PM - 24/744

10:15 PM - 0/744

RealD 3D

9:45 PM - 0/411

2D

6:30 PM - 73/411

10:45 PM NEW - 2/128

Total

146(+104)/3502(+128) (4.2%)

Edited by FlashMaster659

I've only seen 4 of the live-action remakes. If I had to rank them...

1. The Jungle Book - 6/10

2. Beauty and the Beast - 4/10

3. Maleficent - 3/10

4. Alice in Wonderland - 2/10

So far, I haven't really been impressed with any of them.

Saw it this afternoon. It’s really good. 

Sure I had issues, especially that blue genie CGI which is terrible in places, but I really was swept up and had a great time. 

The main reason it all works so surprisingly well is Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott. They’re dynamite together and she is brilliant in this. Literally a star is born. 

Musical numbers are fine and deliver. 

I think audiences are going to love it.  Much preferred it to BatB personally. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I've only seen 4 of the live-action remakes. If I had to rank them...

1. The Jungle Book - 6/10

2. Beauty and the Beast - 4/10

3. Maleficent - 3/10

4. Alice in Wonderland - 2/10

So far, I haven't really been impressed with any of them.

I've seen all of those except for Alice, but I've also seen Cinderella. If I had to rank them...

1) Cinderella

2) The Jungle Book

3) Beauty and the Beast

4) Maleficent

I enjoyed Cinderella. The rest... not as much, though the other 3 have their moments.

2 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

I've seen all of those except for Alice, but I've also seen Cinderella. If I had to rank them...

1) Cinderella

2) The Jungle Book

3) Beauty and the Beast

4) Maleficent

I enjoyed Cinderella. The rest... not as much, though the other 3 have their moments.

Cinderella isn't one of my favorite Disney animated films but I've heard a lot of good things about the remake so I'm willing to go into it fairly open-minded. Same with Pete's Dragon. 

I freaking loved Cinderella! Kenneth Branagh did such a great job with that one! The musical score, the sets, the art direction, I could type all the day!

I also enjoyed Pete’s dragon quite a bit. Others were kinda meh to me.

Cinderella -9/10

Pete’s dragon-8/10

Batb 6/10

The Jungle Book 6/10

Maleficent 5/10

• Like 1

My ratings of the Disney remakes I've seen:

Pete's Dragon : 8/10

The Jungle Book: 6/10

Beauty and the Beast: Couldn't finish it

Mary Poppins Returns (not sure if this counts as a remake): Couldn't finish it. To be more exact I stopped at the Meryl Streep scene.

I want to make it clear that I almost always finish any movie I see past the first 10 minutes (I usually only stop around the first 10 minutes if I'm not feeling like watching any movie suddenly or find out I'm too busy). BatB and Mary Poppins Returns are the only two movies in the past two years that I've not finished.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 2

You guys are legally IMPAIRED!

You should be given a state pension to reimburse you for the fact that you are ILL and can not enjoy one of the most enjoyable things in this world: feel-good movies.

Maybe that will make you visit this forum LESS often, to vent your frustration-fueled HATE. Because that is what you do here, don't you - especially visible in good movies threads like this and Alita's.

God knows I understand you. If I was sick and disabled - which I AM, physically!, since an incurable illness started destroying my body three years ago - I would probably bitch and moan and hate on the things I can not have too.

But I still feel sorry for you.

Edited by shayhiri

saw it today and i loved it. honestly will is really great? the film drags a bit without him.

naomi scott is wonderful and mena massoud is pretty good too, especially at the comic parts. there’s a dancing part where the genie controls him which is a bit of genius physical comedy. and i actually think the love story is much better in this version than in the animated version. they give them a couple more scenes together and it really makes a difference. the two of them are very sweet together.

guy ritchie is the one who lets everyone down. he has no idea how to shoot a musical number and there’s so much weird, abrupt cutting and editing.

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

You guys are legally IMPAIRED!

You should be given a state pension to reimburse you for the fact that you are ILL and can not enjoy one of the most enjoyable things in this world: feel-good movies.

Maybe that will make you visit that forum LESS often, to vent your frustration-fueled HATE. Because that is what you do here, don't you - especially visible in good movies thread like this and Alita's.

God knows I understand you. If I was sick and disabled - which I AM, since a terrible illness seized me three years ago - I would probable bitch and moan and hate the things I can not have too.

But I still feel sorry for you.

Spy Kid 3D >>> Alita.

CUC6RAHU8AADl1X.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I think many people are going to be surprised by the Thursday preview numbers. Lots of seats reserved in shows around where I am (Houston). Some are nearly full and many are at least half full. I will be shocked if the preview number is less than $5 million tbqh.

• Knock It Off 1

I remember liking Stephen Sommers’ Jungle Book. Haven’t watched it in years, but I saw it in the theater and I think again on pay cable once.

I never watched the Brandy/Whitney version of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, but I remember seeing the ads constantly when it was released on video.

Edited by TServo2049

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I think many people are going to be surprised by the Thursday preview numbers. Lots of seats reserved in shows around where I am (Houston). Some are nearly full and many are at least half full. I will be shocked if the preview number is less than $5 million tbqh.

I don’t think anyone on here is expecting a preview number below $6-7M let alone $5M :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1