grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I think what also makes it worse is that Will Smith sounds too much like Will Smith rather than the Genie. The suspension of disbelief isn't there with someone as well known as Will in the role together with his usual Will Smith dialogue. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Remember when I bitched and complained about Genie not being blue? Yea well I take it back. There are things that I want to see unsee and Will Smith as a blue genie is one of them. 

Yeah, I think had they gone for the Broadway look, I don't think people would mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

Saudi Arabia / Middle Eastern audiences might still be interested in this based on the fact that it's Aladdin alone. I'm not sure, though.

Considering that:

-Jasmine is not being played by a Middle Eastern actress

-There are no famous Middle Eastern actors of any kind in this

-They painted white extras in brownface and had to go back in to reshoot that shit

I would say not really.

• Like 3

The saving grace for this movie is the music definitely from the looks of it. What we have right now is bad but not bad enough for a box office bomb. Curious to see how this will make overall since marketing is starting much more later than Beauty and the Beast. The Lion King should’ve had its teaser released much earlier too but alas it broke records and got everyone hyped. The teaser before this one (the one with just the desert and cave) wasn’t bad but it’s one that you would’ve seen a year before the release date.

The movie is 3 months away and I’m surprised that now is when we’re getting a true official look of this film. Maybe they were nervous about how Will Smith’s Genie was gonna get received by the public, and based on the reactions so far, I can understand them. 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 2

Honestly if this movie ends up bad I’m going to be so mad. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies growing up. I loved everything about the animation. I was really looking forward to the amazing costumes that we could be given and the scenery. There’s so much potential for this in my opinion. But it honestly looks like Disney just fucked this up by putting in the minimal effort it and just expecting people to eat this up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Honestly if this movie ends up bad I’m going to be so mad. Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies growing up. I loved everything about the animation. I was really looking forward to the amazing costumes that we could be given and the scenery. There’s so much potential for this in my opinion. But it honestly looks like Disney just fucked this up by putting in the minimal effort it and just expecting people to eat this up. 

sounds like BATB and people ate it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1