WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

They made Hawkeye the star, big mistake. Hulk was the powerhouse in the first hence crazy good WOM. Every jaw-dropping moment was his. Showdown with Thor, turning Hulk after saying he can control the big guy because he's always angry, rag-dolling Loki. No moment reached that zeitgeist in TA2.

That having been said, its not like Hulk was innately connected with good WOM.  TIH movie sucked at the BO. Hawkeye's focus could have been good, it just wasn't. The "You and I remember Budapest *really* differently." running joke in TA was great, and I even found Hawkeye's running home improvement interest amusing. The whole homestead bit and pretty much the rest of the Hawkeye focus just wasn't worth the time.

Edited by Wrath

I wanted to kill myself...

The 3rd act saving civilians was pretty much written for Faraci to jerk off to, and true to form he still brings it up as a shining example of movies caring about the people who populate the world.

If we're here to pile on AOU, count me in.  I disliked it at first and now I kind of hate it.

BUT STOPPING THE MOVIE TO SAVE ALL THOSE CIVILIANS BRUH! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!

Age of Dulltron...lol

I find it funny, but I cry for how they managed to make a genuinely scary villain (in my opinion) into yet another Marvel-baddie-with-no-real-sense-of-being-dangerous.

Ultron was the one villain that I thought would make people forget Loki. Then I realized that people can't forget Loki  because he is the only Marvel Movie villain (so far) to have a modicum of charm and evil charisma.

And Ultron is still the 2nd best Marvel villain behind Loki. That is how bad all the others are :lol: 

• Like 1

AoU *was* a good movie, it just wasn't as good as TA. It had plenty of good jokes and scenes, those jokes and scenes simply weren't quite as good as the best jokes and scenes from TA. It also wasn't nearly as tight, with lots of extraneous crap that probably didn't have to be there (Thor in the cave, Hawkeye's household stuff).

Good movie, plenty of humor, but not nearly as memorable as TA1 and the humor felt a lot more forced this time for some reason. The lack of amazing, fun Hulk Smash really hurts too.

The 3rd act saving civilians was pretty much written for Faraci to jerk off to, and true to form he still brings it up as a shining example of movies caring about the people who populate the world.

Faraci is a human cancer that should be eradicated from Earth. Fuck that dude. He is trash.

• Like 4

BUT STOPPING THE MOVIE TO SAVE ALL THOSE CIVILIANS BRUH! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!

And Ultron is still the 2nd best Marvel villain behind Loki. That is how bad all the others are :lol:

Alexander Pierce could have been a really good villain if his threat was written just a bit better, and the twist was not telegraphed from scene 1.

• Like 1

The irony is that GOTG actually made an effort to have them evacuate the city, make sure to protect everyone on the ground...and almost no one seemed to notice. Because they didn't shove it in our faces. Which is a good thing.

Show them making an effort to save civilians, but don't say "HEY LOOK AT US, WE'RE SAVING CIVILIANS, UNLIKE OUR DISTINGUISHED COMPETITION!"

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

My wife and a couple of friends went to see MMXXL today while my son and I saw AM. When we got out they were in the lobby waiting for us and I asked how it was. All three thought it was terrible, lol. Said it was dull as shit and can't believe they wasted 2 hours of their lives on it.

We enjoyed AM though. I thought it was a good, solidly entertaining movie.

• Like 2

Alexander Pierce could have been a really good villain if his threat was written just a bit better, and the twist was not telegraphed from scene 1.

Pierce is sitting in third with Jeff Bridges from IM. They are both good enough. It goes downhill after these 5, and yeah, I am counting Corey Stoll as Cross as one of the good ones. Better than Ronan, Abomination, Red Skull and Malekith, which is not saying much but that is where we are with MCU's villains. 

Do we consider the Winter Soldier a villain? :lol:

Edited by CJohn

The irony is that GOTG actually made an effort to have them evacuate the city, make sure to protect everyone on the ground...and almost no one seemed to notice. Because they didn't shove it in our faces. Which is a good thing.

And it should be like that in every movie. Not shoving that into our heads until it becomes unbearable. 

• Like 1

Age of Ultron is many miles better than the first... Okay I've said my piece the rest of you keep going

I think Ultron is better than the first as well, even with all the civilians fuckery. 

• Like 1

Haven't seen AOU, but is it true that there was an obnoxious amount of in-your-face civilian saving in it?  If so, I wonder what movie caused that. :lol:

I blame Faraci and the online fuckery of the fanboys after that said movie opened :lol:

And yes, it is true. It is insane. You would have a good laugh with it, I am sure.  :lol:

Edited by CJohn

Haven't seen AOU, but is it true that there was an were waaaaaay too much obnoxious amounts of in-your-face civilian saving in it?  If so, I wonder what movie caused that. :lol:

FTFY

Edited by grim22

Show them making an effort to save civilians, but don't say "HEY LOOK AT US, WE'RE SAVING CIVILIANS, UNLIKE OUR DISTINGUISHED COMPETITION!"

12537314.gif12537314.gif

• Like 1