Gopher

Monday #s NOTHING IS CRUMBLING OKAY

Even if IO doesn't squeak ahead of Furious 7, we're going to get a wholly original movie in the top five DOM for the first time since Avatar.

1. TFA/JW

2. JW/TFA

3. Ultron

4. Furious 7 / Inside Out

5. Inside Out / Furious 7 

Minions is going to fall short of the mark, and with the exception of another original Pixar, I don't see any challengers. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

Even if IO doesn't squeak ahead of Furious 7, we're going to get a wholly original movie in the top five DOM for the first time since Avatar.

1. TFA/JW

2. JW/TFA

3. Ultron

Minions is going to fall short of the mark, and with the exception of another original Pixar, I don't see any challengers. 

MJ2?

• Like 1

1. TFA/JW

2. JW/TFA

3. Ultron

I think spot 4 will be MJ2. and spot 5 will be FF7/IO, spot 6 IO/FF7 and spot 7 Minions.

1. TFA/JW

2. JW/TFA

3. Ultron

MJ2 should get over IO but your point still stands.

IO may actually maintain 1m+ daily grosses throughout the week. Which would mean it would have its first <1m day next Monday which would in turn mean that this will have the same number of continuous days over 1m as JW even after a OW 14m less than half of JW :)

Uh, the fact that JW opened $118 million bigger is why that doesn't mean anything lol. The more demand you burn off up front the less you're gonna make per day later on.

Edited by PDC1987

wow, 2 movies are already listed:

Dope    $20,720    -50%    115    -106    $180    $16,433,241    6 

Faith of Our Fathers    $629    -62%    17    -35    $37    $975,973    4

Another not overly interesting numbers note.

TG is going to finish behind Tomorrowland DOM. It's been tracking below it since the third Friday. It will fall below Tomorrowland's cumulative gross by middle of next week, sooner if it doesn't hold well this week. It's 4th weekend gross last weekend was almost under Tomorrowland's 5th weekend gross.

I took my Mum to see Jurassic World today and she said Mission Impossible looks good.

I told her that Bryce Dallas Howard wearing heels has caused a frenzy. She said "that's ridiculous, it's part of the fun, I kept checking to see if she still had them on. I wouldn't take mine off either".

Love my Mum, lol.

She also reminded me that she won the parents race at my primary school sports day, on her lunch break, in heels. Haha.

• Like 8

Another not overly interesting numbers note.

TG is going to finish behind Tomorrowland DOM. It's been tracking below it since the third Friday. It will fall below Tomorrowland's cumulative gross by middle of next week, sooner if it doesn't hold well this week. It's 4th weekend gross last weekend was almost under Tomorrowland's 5th weekend gross.

Pixels is now going to be the big summer loser it looks like. Not that that helps T:G or Tomorrowland. They both just have company in the bottom dwelling seats of summer box office '15.

Pixels is now going to be the big summer loser it looks like. Not that that helps T:G or Tomorrowland. They both just have company in the bottom dwelling seats of summer box office '15.

TG can console itself with Int'l numbers that will probably place it above Mad Max WW unless MM surprises in China.

Though Pixels's budget is 88m. Was less than 155m for TG and 190m for Tomorrowland. Though it's os will be less too.

I would say is Tomorrowland is the biggest disaster, with about 204m worldwide.

Edited by a2k

Hadn't realized Pixels budget was that low. Kinda surprised what with the cgi. I guess part of the joke though is how how "Pixled" they look so they didn't have to go making the arcade characters photo realistic or anything. 

Yeah I think it was because of the tax credits for shooting in NYC.