kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | 3.8M (including previews) VACATION | 3M ANT-MAN | 2.8M MINIONS | 2.35 M PIXELS. Will Tom Cruise save summer?

MI5 has the best shot. I am bearish on it though. I don't think FF4 will come close. Then there's Compton which would need to break out big time. BO is prediction 100m (I think..am not sure). But nothing else caught my eye.

F4 has a chance if its well received, Scorch Trials will probably peak around 130M. Everest? Maybe

Predestination opened here today in theaters. I saw it in January.

imrDbkn.gif

And apparently It Follows will open on August 20 :lol: I haven't seen it yet.

Edited by CJohn

This summer went to shit really fast. Tom Cruise is our last hope.

UdpPV.gif

Well really F4, Ricki, Compton and UNCLE are  :P

July-August 2015 could go low enough, where I just might consider making a Sep-Oct 2015 over July-August 2015 club. Seriously August should be almost dead if MI5/F4 open sub-$40 million, Compton opens sub-$30 million, Vacation can't even manage $20 million 5 day, and Ricki/UNCLE open sub-$20 million.

And Sep-Oct has an extremely compelling lineup - a lot of films that should do solid or possibly even breakout. 

Predestination opened here today in theaters. I saw it in January.

imrDbkn.gif

And apparently It Follows will open on August 20 :lol: I haven't seen it yet.

Hot Pursuit opens tomorrow over here in the UK.

the region free BluRay from the States will be available to buy on Amazon less than 2 weeks later.

Greer needs a better agent if she wants good roles. She also needs a better publicist. I find it so funny that she was in all those movies and people still don't know who she is.

If I were her, at this point I'd probably be happy with the fact that I will most likely be a working actress for the rest of my career. Character actors can have the most fulfilling, rewarding careers since they are usually always employed, usually well respected, and rarely do they have to carry a movie by themselves (with all the good and bad that entails). They may not be full-fledged movie stars, but they are well-known enough to sell books, open stage plays, get booked on speaking gigs, and generally live well off of their being movie actors whose faces are reliable even if their names are not well known.

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

1.2m + 2.9m + 2.6m (-10%) + 3.5m (+35%) + 4.72m (+35%) + 3.5m (-26%) = 18.42m 5-day

Where am I underestimating? Cause don't see a 20m 5-day.

With a 40% Friday bump

1.2m + 2.9m + 2.6m (-10%) + 3.64m (+40%) + 4.9m (+35%) + 3.62m (-26%) = 18.86m 5-day

EDIT: I was using a 4.1m wed. But the official number is 3.8m. So looks even tougher now.

Edited by a2k

Well really F4, Ricki, Compton and UNCLE are  :P

July-August 2015 could go low enough, where I just might consider making a Sep-Oct 2015 over July-August 2015 club. Seriously August should be almost dead if MI5/F4 open sub-$40 million, Compton opens sub-$30 million, Vacation can't even manage $20 million 5 day, and Ricki/UNCLE open sub-$20 million.

And Sep-Oct has an extremely compelling lineup - a lot of films that should do solid or possibly even breakout.

It's never gonna go that low.

Hot Pursuit opens tomorrow over here in the UK.

the region free BluRay from the States will be available to buy on Amazon less than 2 weeks later.

That opened here on the same weekend as America. I saw it. It is shit.