kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | 3.8M (including previews) VACATION | 3M ANT-MAN | 2.8M MINIONS | 2.35 M PIXELS. Will Tom Cruise save summer?

Well, really they blew it with ever coming up with the idea to reboot or remake this.. National Lampoon's Vacation is just one of those movies that is really hard to improve upon and upping the Profanity in the movie is not a way to do it.. They should've just had Chase and DeAngelo along with Anthony Michael Hall do a Vacation movie and Ed Helms could've done a came at best.. Ed Helms works better in small doses as evident on The OFFICE when Michael Scott was on the show.. When Michael left, the Producers tried to make Andy t much like Michael and it belly flopped..

Actually they kept up with the tradition of casting a different Rusty and Audrey

The only good thing about the success of Trainwreck is the exposure it's giving Brie Larson.

Trainwreck's really only benefitting Schumer and Lebron (rightfully so). Brie Larson's the absolute best in most things but she's not the takeaway for anyone on this.

ROOM, on the other hand...

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

Oh my god :rofl: Previews were 30% of the OD. Talk about front-loaded. Is 20m 5-day even possible anymore? That is shockingly bad. Also terrible drops for holdovers, looking like 50% drops across the board this weekend.

Trainwreck's really only benefitting Schumer and Lebron (rightfully so). Brie Larson's the absolute best in most things but she's not the takeaway for anyone on this.

ROOM, on the other hand...

Oh I know Larson has a thankless role in Trainwreck and no one's seeing it because of her. 

You've seen ROOM? 

Oh my god :rofl: Previews were 30% of the OD. Talk about front-loaded. Is 20m 5-day even possible anymore? That is shockingly bad. Also terrible drops for holdovers, looking like 50% drops across the board this weekend.

This summer went to shit really fast. Tom Cruise is our last hope.

UdpPV.gif

• Like 2

Tom Cruise, respect...he may not be what he was...but he fucjing delivers good movies, right?

No I haven't seen MI5, but I read the reviews...and I saw Edge of Tomorrow. He's still got it.

Fucking millennials.

Edited by kowhite

Tom Cruise, respect...he may not be what he was...but he fucjing delivers good movies, right?

No I haven't seen MI5, but I read the reviews...and I saw Edge of Tomorrow. He's still got it.

Fucking millennials.

You're talking to one of those millenials and yet I LOVE Tom Cruise. Overgeneralization much?

The Judy Greer's "great" year articles have started in earnest today: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/07/judy-greer-effect-every-single-line-summer-movies

When someone like Chris Pratt lands back-to-back roles in some of the biggest movies of the year, that’s headline news. But when a charismatic, quirky actress like Judy Greer does the same, well, blink and you might miss her.

The comedic actress—best known for her scene-stealing work in shows like 
Arrested Development and movies like The Descendants—showed up in four major 2015 films: TomorrowlandEntourageJurassic World, and Ant-Man. Mostly playing ex-wives and mothers. But if you’re having trouble remembering her in a few of those films, that’s because she was, for the most part, relegated to the sidelines. And when you look at not just how much screen time Greer has, but what her characters have to say for themselves in that time, it makes for a rather bleak portrait of the thankless roles Hollywood women often have to play.

We’ve collected every line of dialogue Greer said in all four films, and you can read them all for yourself at the end of the article. Here, in word-cloud form, is an at-a-glance look at Greer’s verbal contribution to the cinematic landscape this summer, with each word weighted for frequency of use.

As Greer graduated from “best friend” to “wife and mother,” Hollywood, it seems, had less and less for her to do. And this isn’t just a Greer-specific problem; this is a film-industry problem, especially in the realm of summer blockbusters. Greer has it better than some other women this summer, and she made hay out of her limited screen time in Jurassic World. But while mom characters like Greer’s, or Jordana Brewster’s in Furious 7, are often relegated to the other end of a phone line or, even worse, trapped in flashback, dad heroes like Paul WalkerThe Rock in San Andreas, and Paul Rudd in Ant-Mancontinue to take the wheel. When, through the trickery of Terminator Genisys’s timeline reboot, action’s most famous matriarch, Sarah Connor, is transformed into a comely babe 18 years her son John’s junior, it feels like Hollywood is turning “mom” into a dirty word.

55b8f5de9e9755183d97bf07_Screen-Shot-201

http://theweek.com/articles/566392/judy-greer-effect-why-ridiculously-talented-actress-gets-stuck-many-thankless-roles

Hollywood has a weird, self-perpetuating dead zone for actresses like Greer. It's a strange combination of factors: typecasting, sexism, and an industry that disproportionately produces movies full of great roles for actors and anemic stereotypes for actresses. "I've watched as men I started out with — guys who worked with the same directors and on the same types of shows as I did — climbed the ladder and landed larger roles with even larger paychecks," wrote Greer. "I'd always hoped that my career and salary would follow theirs. But instead the pay gap kept growing."

There's another reason Greer has spent 2015 playing ex-wives and mothers. A 2014 study from SDSU's Center for the Study of Women in Television and Film shows that a full 58 percent of the limited roles that doexist for women in Hollywood are "personal roles" like wife or mother. If current trends hold, things are going to get even worse for Greer and the many talented actresses like her. In just a few weeks, she'll turn 40. The same study reveals that just 17 percent of female film characters are in their 40s — a steep decline from the 30 percent of female film characters in their 30s. For a working actress in that range, any role will be hard-fought — to say nothing of a role that actually draws upon her full range of abilities as an actress.

Judy Greer's summer of thankless roles in huge blockbusters presents a particularly stark and galling example — but really, this state of affairs is bad for everyone. It's bad for the creative side of Hollywood, which falls back on homogenous variations of the same bland story. It's bad for the business side of Hollywood, which leaves money on the table by focusing on a needlessly narrow demographic. It's bad for actresses, who are forced to compete for roles that aren't all that compelling anyway. And it's bad for audiences, who are denied the opportunity to see some terrifically talented performers doing their best work.

• Like 2

So.... nothing did over 3m on Wednesday? Geez.... could this July get any shittier?

Cruise, please save us!

Conditions seems ideal for breaking out, as nothing else will likely gross 15m+ this weekend.

So.... nothing did over 3m on Wednesday? Geez.... could this July get any shittier?

Cruise, please save us!

Conditions seems ideal for breaking out, as nothing else will likely gross 15m+ this weekend.

This is what i am hoping for.

Nothing's gonna cross 150m till The Martian releases.

Sure there will be. You can't predict the box office that well. There's always break okay it's not always feel mgmt coming. Something will break up before October

• Like 1

Sure there will be. You can't predict the box office that well. There's always break okay it's not always feel mgmt coming. Something will break up before October

MI5 has the best shot. I am bearish on it though. I don't think F4 will come close. Then there's Compton which would need to break out big time. BO is prediction 100m (I think..am not sure). But nothing else caught my eye.

Edited by a2k