kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | 3.8M (including previews) VACATION | 3M ANT-MAN | 2.8M MINIONS | 2.35 M PIXELS. Will Tom Cruise save summer?

Anyone else only expecting like 20m over five days? I think they blew it on the marketing campaign for this one. Making the excrement pond the centerpiece of every trailer/spot was a big mistake.

• Like 8

This is creepy, I actually dreamt a 1.2M figure for previews. Also saw a 87.5M figure but no idea what that was. I should stop spending so much time here.

I have box office dreams all the time!! :lol:

Last time was when Rth gave us a 22M Friday number for Trainwreck. But I did have dreams where F7 opened to something around 39M and the meltdowns were awful.

• Like 1

Millers made 1,7.

Let see Tomorrow and hope for the 30s on the 5days

So 30% down from We're the Millers. If it follows the same path as Millers it'll make 26.5m for the 5-day and 18.5m for the 3-day.

Do people really know there is previews for films on a Tuesday night?  And keep in mind, most of if not all of Canada doesn't have Tuesday previews.  So if you take away 10-12% of that potential box office, that might bump it up to about 1.4.

Minions    $4,005,280    30%    4,066    -245    $985    $269,549,810  

Trainwreck    $2,505,090    17%    3,171    13    $790    $66,172,490    2       

Jurassic World    $1,084,450    17%    2,645    -472    $410    $626,094,150      7

Terminator Genisys    $356,115    16%    1,702    -1113    $209    $86,347,541    4

Ted 2    $121,800    -5%    696    -886    $175    $79,877,970   5

This is the wednesday #s thread. Those are Tuesday numbers. I made the same mistake just moments ago. LOL

Edited by kowan
  • Like 1

Anyone else only expecting like 20m over five days? I think they blew it on the marketing campaign for this one. Making the excrement pond the centerpiece of every trailer/spot was a big mistake.

The driver's seat turning around was the only gag I liked in the promos.

Well, really they blew it with ever coming up with the idea to reboot or remake this.. National Lampoon's Vacation is just one of those movies that is really hard to improve upon and upping the Profanity in the movie is not a way to do it.. They should've just had Chase and DeAngelo along with Anthony Michael Hall do a Vacation movie and Ed Helms could've done a came at best.. Ed Helms works better in small doses as evident on The OFFICE when Michael Scott was on the show.. When Michael left, the Producers tried to make Andy t much like Michael and it belly flopped..

As much as I would had liked to see him I doubt Anthony Michael Hall was even considered since he's not much of a star anymore. Besides I'm sure the studio chose Helms so they could have somewhat of a bankable name. I thought it would've been nice if they at least gave Hall a cameo. One thing I hated from the movie was 

Helms looking back at family photos and it goes through every movie. It's hard enough to believe that Hall's Rusty grew up to be Helms but to show every other Rusty as if they could pass as a younger version of Helms was a little far fetched.