Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

I liked 1 more that 4.

1 was more standalone, but I like the Nior and detective show feel. Also the show hadn't gotten too much into the save the world thing, which I think should have been left to the Buffy series. Angel was better when it focusing on solving cases, and the LA demon community.

Also the first 3 seasons of Angel focused on Darla, who is one of my favorite Buffy/Angel characters ever. Love her! :D

Agreed. Darla was magnificent  she should have had her own spin-off.

• Like 1

Agreed. Darla was magnificent  she should have had her own spin-off.

I always wanted to see a series based around the fanged four before Angel got his soul. I looooved the flashback episodes.

• Like 2

And yet you hate-watch two of the four shows you follow?

To be fair, I didn't start off hate watching them (and hate is a bit strong, so much as ambivalence), the first season of TD was incredible and I generally like GoT. But since they had me at the beginning, I almost do it out of obligation, rather than enjoyment. Not to say that GoT and TD don't have their moments, they do. But I didn't know the dropoffs were gonna be this steep for 2015. I don't deny that my TV viewing habits are weird. I have strong commitment issues.

Also, Chewy, I meant to watch Fargo but my DVR lost all the episodes after some equipment failure so I have not had the ability to watch. I am hoping for a marathon on FX prior to the 2nd season.

Edited by MrPink

James Marsters has like the ultimate "genre show guy" career. He guest stars all over the place. If you want to have someone who plays "questionable loyalty but oozes charisma" he's basically your guy.

I think his longest post Buffy/Angel streak was on Smallville.

• Like 1

Is that the dude who played Lex Luthor on SMALLVILLE?? If so, they should've used him as Luthor for BvsS..

No. He played Braniac.

Michael Rosenbaum played Lex. Fun fact: he also voiced Wally West/The Flash on the Justice League animated series. And got to voice Lex, in way. Which had this fantastic moment:

I'm sad that the only actor from Buffy that I know is getting regular work is David Boreanaz. Poor Sarah can't catch a break. Nick Brendon is a wreck. James Marsters, I got no clue, is he doing another genre show?, ASH at least gets work in England, I think Emma was doing something on youtube?(christ), Amber Benson is a book writer now, Michelle T, I've got no clue, i think she does fashion stuff now? and was in some lifetime movies and Gossip Girl forever ago now, and Alyson was HIMYM and probably will try to jump into another sitcom because Hollywood has nothing for her. Charisma Carpenter, I don't know what she does but boy she sure is still fine.

I think Seth Green is the most successful in that cast and he was in it the least amount of time.

He had a pre-Buffy career, but Nathan Fillion is the lead in then Firefly and now Castle

Summer Glau's first role was in Angel

Julie Benz had some roles before Buffy / Angel, but later on e.g. 49 episodes on Dexter, 35 on Defiance and so on

Wonder why they cast Renner.

I think I read somewhere Whedon saw him in something he did earlier

David Greenwault was the showrunner for Angel's first three season, which I consider to be its best .

Angel's season 4 was horrible, and season 5 was all over the place. Now Greenwault is working on Grimm, which is another great show. Cop show meets monster hunter show!

I think season 4 was in part so... strange as Charisma Carpenter 'forgot' to tell the show-runners about her being pregnant, means she appeared for the new season filmings visible pregnant.

Is that the dude who played Lex Luthor on SMALLVILLE?? If so, they should've used him as Luthor for BvsS..

Nope, he played Brainic

I think season 4 was in part so... strange as Charisma Carpenter 'forgot' to tell the show-runners about her being pregnant, means she appeared for the new season filmings visible pregnant.

Both Charisma Carpenter and the producers were in the wrong. She should have told them about her pregnancy earlier, and they shouldn't have fired her like that.

Both Charisma Carpenter and the producers were in the wrong. She should have told them about her pregnancy earlier, and they shouldn't have fired her like that.

Not IMHO, if someone makes such a big of a 'mistake', causes so much money, stress, over-time for so many people, quality problems via hasty forced on screenplay and other changes.... the producers have all the right to 'fire' her, what they did not in the way you seem to assume I think.

No. He played Braniac.

Michael Rosenbaum played Lex. Fun fact: he also voiced Wally West/The Flash on the Justice League animated series. And got to voice Lex, in way. Which had this fantastic moment:

Rosenbaum is on this new show on TV Land called Impastor. Pretty funny show so far.

Hey, this is probably a good sign- I have MI5's Sunday projections being dead on (-18.7%)

Also- 

Vacation -20%

Ant-Man -16%

Minions -21%

IO -21%

JW -23%

So Gopher's % should mean ~ (if Saturday's details hold)

$16m for IM5 - $15.4m by rth

$4.56m for Vacation - $4.2m by rth

$4.26m for Ant-Man - $4m by rth

$3.95m for Minions - $3.9m by rth

$1.44m for Inside Out

$1.23m for Jurrasic World

- Pixels - $3.1m by rth

NOT meant as 'who got it better', but to collect trends and details together

edit: 2 hours between the estimates

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1