Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

How do you explain the first Iron Man's success though? Paramount did alright with that.

This was pre Disney sale in 2009 so maybe they were more invested and Iron Man was so good and looked so great with the suits and RDJ's performance even from the ads.    They never should have scheduled Hulk so close to it though.

• Like 1

A film that contains RDJ and Jeff Bridges not to mention the guy who helped Tony build the first IM suit and you think Howard is the best part of IM?

Yeah, without a doubt. That movie just doesn't work without his brilliant performance

GA understanding nowadays doesn't seem to be helping Ant-Man.

I think it did big-time. Released before the MCU connection, 100m would have been the upper limit imo.

Btw, what connects Guardians to the MCU? Nothing in the marketing indicates it is connected. But it did just fine.

That it was from from Disney-Marvel mattered. Hypothetically, the exact same movie/cast/everything from WB-DC was not gonna open it at 95m. (And I prefer DC to Marvel)

Edited by a2k

IM1's ow was insane.

Folks thing GotG's ow was amazing (which it was) but before MCU was set up with a great reputation, without 3D in 2008 dollars, IM1 did 98.6m (102.1m including 3.5m Thu which these days are in the weekend)

• Like 2

I am dying here. Kate Mara's wig is hilarious. There is some obvious dubbing/ADR. It is clearly two movies in one. Bland and boring so far. From what I have read here it will get worse.

• Like 1

I am dying here. Kate Mara's wig is hilarious. There is some obvious dubbing/ADR. It is clearly two movies in one. Bland and boring so far. From what I have read here it will get worse.

U know what's coming...

this joke is old now.

Yeah the final battle is horrific.

This is one of those movies where everyone had their phone out during my screening. You're not alone.

Lionsgate only paid Studiocanal $1m for the distribution rights for Shaun so they're likely not losing much. I do wonder if Early Man, the next Aardman film will get US distribution at all since it's about soccer.

F4 is a work of genius. It will go down as a cult classic. It's actually a found-footage film that is shot with incredibly steady hands and an amazing camcorder. The person holding the cam was Silver Surfer. This will be revealed in 2017, Fant4stic t00.

F4 is a work of genius. It will go down as a cult classic. It's actually a found-footage film that is shot with incredibly steady hands and an amazing camcorder. The person holding the cam was Silver Surfer. This will be revealed in 2017, Fant4stic t00.

In the future, you should also put the link to the full article if you're going to quote something from Fox's website ;)  .

• Like 1