CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Forgive me for tooting my own horn a bit, but I just want to mention that I saw a stop motion cartoon about a sheep last week and an R-rated hip hop drama this week. You cannot say I have narrow tastes.

I told somebody I was debating Saturday night between seeing Shaun the Sheep and Straight Outta Compton and I actually forgot how crazy that sounded when I said it.  :lol:

(I'm seeing Shaun this week)

• Like 5

I told somebody I was debating Saturday night between seeing Shaun the Sheep and Straight Outta Compton and I actually forgot how crazy that sounded when I said it.  :lol:

(I'm seeing Shaun this week)

You better go see Shaun before it goes STRAIGHT OUTTA theaters. :ph34r:

You wouldn't believe how many phone calls I had to answer tonight "when are you getting Straight Outta Compton?" It was ridiculous.

Compton is actually helping our ticket sales even though it isn't even playing here. There were a lot of people who came up to the ticket window wanting tickets to Compton. And when I told them we don't have it yet, a lot of them just went to see Man From U.N.C.L.E.

• Like 3

You wouldn't believe how many phone calls I had to answer tonight "when are you getting Straight Outta Compton?" It was ridiculous.

Compton is actually helping our ticket sales even though it isn't even playing here. There were a lot of people who came up to the ticket window wanting tickets to Compton. And when I told them we don't have it yet, a lot of them just went to see Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Poor UNCLE.

lol wut? None of next weekends openers are even approaching $20M. We are officially entering the dog days of summer.

Just saying it has a chance of not hitting 20 mill.

Compton might not even win next weekend.  

Why? 

Sinister 2 is looking at $13-15 million.

American Ultra and Hitman should do sub-$10 million. 

MI5 will be  below $15 million.

As long as Compton is above $16 million, I'd say it wins the weekend.

Just saying it has a chance of not hitting 20 mill.

Dailies will depend on it but based on its Strong Sunday, I doubt that will miss $20M unless all the 3 openers break out at $20M a piece.

The chances of it missing $20M in its 2nd weekend are the same chances as Transporter Refueled breaking the Labor Day record. In other words, sub-$20M is not happening for SOC in its 2nd weekend.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11
  • Like 1

Just looked at the full estimates and I'd love to champion PHOENIX, one of the best movies of the year, for having good expansions for such a tiny release-- its theater count doubled and its PTA dipped only 20%. Everyone should check it out if they can, it'll leave you so warm and so so cold.

Speaking of warm things, everything seems underestimated (MI5 down -28% sunday, UNCLE -27%) but COMPTON IS DOWN -10% HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

If not for that Ed Sheeran it would have been flat.

• Like 3

Hey B, heard about this before? Pretty implausible, but still a neat theory. http://joehillsthrills.tumblr.com/post/126865229352/the-lady-the-shark

Just got finished reading the whole article. Sounds pretty seeing if you ask me lol But nothing is impossible I guess. But it's a really interesting article and if it is true all I can say is wow

• Like 1

Compton is going to be so incredibly front-loaded that if it wins next weekend I would not be surprised to see it dropped third the weekend after. I hope it has a traffic multiplier but I doubt it gets to 120 million.