WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

Ant-Man with the best hold in the top 10 barring JW's expansion.  It's going to hit 3 multiplier by Sunday of LD weekend. Beating CA1 is locked now. With a good shot at beating Thor1's 181M+. Tremendous legs after the 56% 2nd weekend drop. 

• Like 1

Agreed. I would have watched it in theaters.

I haven't watched Regular Show in a couple of years, but I would've went to see it to support traditional animation ala SpongeBob earlier this year. It certainly could've made more money WAYF lol

Hey where do you guys Straight Outta Compton is going to end its box office run? I really want it to go above $170mil but I don't know, it's dropping too harshly right now.

Hmm...I dunno. Universal may have plans go give it an Oscar push, if they can...but I think $170M could be doable, probably. Impressive DOM numbers, for a movie that.....sadly didn't do very much OS-wise.

I mean....doesn't it have Ice-Cube in it? SOC is his biggest opener since 22JS.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

The Transporter 2 is so bad, it al it's warps the time contimuum and travels around and becomes good.

Almost.

Not quite.

The-Transporter-2-2.gif

I remember when my girlfriend and I at the time went to see that. At that part someone yelled out, "YEAH, RIGHT!"

I was grinning like an idiot and I felt sorry for that guy.

WAYF was acquired for 2 mil and most of its marketing seemed to be in social media. Who knows why WB bought it in the first place but they didn't put any gusto behind it, except for a fairly wide screen count (which.. geez.. lots of empty seats in theaters this weekend already).

This might have been pointed out already and I missed it, but WAYF probably had one of the most disadvantageous release dates in recent memory. The entire audience for this movie is older high school/college students. It just so happens that this weekend in either move back weekend for college, high school prep/orientation weekend, OR the the party weekend that follows the first week back at school for those who started early. No one in this movie's target demographic is possibly seeing a movie this weekend. Absolute failure to match demographic/release schedule. Sure, it was being dumped anyway, but that's still a pretty inexplicable failure on WB's part. 

• Like 1

Ant-Man with the best hold in the top 10 barring JW's expansion.  It's going to hit 3 multiplier by Sunday of LD weekend. Beating CA1 is locked now. With a good shot at beating Thor1's 181M+. Tremendous legs after the 56% 2nd weekend drop. 

Benefited from F4 being garbage.

Transporter refueled basically screwed over the IMAX Labor Day expansion dreams for JW, F7 and AoU. Pretty sure all 3 of them were planning some kind of IMAX and large format expansion.

JW was definitely. They had to put it this weekend instead.