kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

2 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I'd be excited if it weren't for the director.

JLaw in that swimsuit, tho. :)

Screen cap, please! :D

Francis Lawrence is underrrated, IMO. He did a really stellar job with most of IAL (everything but vampires but they were crap due to bad CGI rather than direction) , all of THG:CF and most of Mockingjay Pt 1 and 2 (those movies problems were mostly with the source material not direction). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Screen cap, please! :D

Francis Lawrence is underrrated, IMO. He did a really stellar job with most of IAL (everything but vampires but they were crap due to bad CGI rather than direction) , all of THG:CF and most of Mockingjay Pt 1 and 2 (those movies problems were mostly with the source material not direction). 

nah the mockingjay movies could've been done better, it wasn't the book's fault for that lmao they left out a lot of stuff

there are a few screen caps in here, but a couple of them are spoilery when you see them in stop frame.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

@trifle, I am dying to see what you think.

I think I need the trailer!!  People are saying it may be with Kingsman.

I (still) think Edgarton is too old to play Nash who is supposed to be on his first/second tour, young and somewhat impetuous.  But he was good in Loving and I am willing for him to change my mind.

The wigs would bother me - the ones that are supposed to be her disguises, but I know we are supposed to know they aren't real.

I like her swimsuit but the one in Passengers was better. 

I want an action scene!

I'm going to watch it again, but for now, that's pretty much a mind dump! :D

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trifle said:

I think I need the trailer!!  People are saying it may be with Kingsman.

I (still) think Edgarton is too old to play Nash who is supposed to be on his first/second tour, young and somewhat impetuous.  But he was good in Loving and I am willing for him to change my mind.

The wigs would bother me - the ones that are supposed to be her disguises, but I know we are supposed to know they aren't real.

I like her suit but the one in Passengers was better. 

I want an action scene!

I'm going to watch it again, but for now, that's pretty much a mind dump! :D

I think I am going to read the book in order to get psyched for the film (although that teaser did indeed make my interest levels rise considerably).

We've been through this before, but had Lawrence not done the X-men films so [relatively] recently, she would have been the perfect star to lead Captain Marvel , not only in terms of looking the part (and I don't care about the whole "she's too young to play Carol!" complaints!) but in terms of having the box office clout and star quality to steer the MCU's first female-led film into as big a box office total as possible. 

And I say this as someone who loves Brie Larson and looks forward to her playing CM.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

nah the mockingjay movies could've been done better, it wasn't the book's fault for that lmao they left out a lot of stuff

They should've left out much more and also change some stuff. But I think FL had a really hard job making two good films and he did quite well.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I think I am going to read the book in order to get psyched for the film (although that teaser did indeed make my interest levels rise considerably).

We've been through this before, but had Lawrence not done the X-men films so [relatively] recently, she would have been the perfect star to lead Captain Marvel , not only in terms of looking the part (and I don't care about the whole "she's too young to play Carol!" complaints!) but in terms of having the box office clout and star quality to steer the MCU's first female-led film into as big a box office total as possible. 

And I say this as someone who loves Brie Larson and looks forward to her playing CM.

While I agree with this, I just don't know. I'd be down for Lawrence playing Jeniffer Walters though. I like She-Hulk way more than I ever liked Captain Marvel, anyway. Maybe Marvel Studios will make me "get" the character like Jenkins did with Wonder Woman, but I always saw way more potential on Wonder Woman than I ever did with Carol. I'm ready to be wowed, but I'm mostly cold when it comes to a Captain Marvel film right now. 

1 hour ago, angeldelmito said:

I agree could have been only one movie for example, but also Francis Lawrence rush the production of a giant 10 month production while doing post-production on Catching Fire, just too much, pre-production that were you can control and do a lot of stuff, everything production design wise was really boring in those 2 final movies. Would have had time, maybe he would achieved is usual acceptable/do the studio job output he tend to be able to do.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

While I agree with this, I just don't know. I'd be down for Lawrence playing Jeniffer Walters though. I like She-Hulk way more than I ever liked Captain Marvel, anyway. Maybe Marvel Studios will make me "get" the character like Jenkins did with Wonder Woman, but I always saw way more potential on Wonder Woman than I ever did with Carol. I'm ready to be wowed, but I'm mostly cold when it comes to a Captain Marvel film right now. 

Normally, I'd say "I love She-Hulk, but if there is one character that would be laughed off the screen by film audiences, that's her"; however, Marvel Studios has made an art out of making hugely successful movie properties out of characters that many people thought would be impossible to translate to the silver screen. :D Heck, I think I'd die from the sheer joy of seeing Shulkie, in all her green-gamma-goddess glory, up on the screen!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

Normally, I'd say "I love She-Hulk, but if there is one character that would be laughed off the screen by film audiences, that's her"; however, Marvel Studios has made an art out of making hugely successful movie properties out of characters that many people thought would be impossible to translate to the silver screen. :D Heck, I think I'd die from the sheer joy of seeing Shulkie, in all her green-gamma-goddess glory, up on the screen!! 

She-Hulk was Deadpool BEFORE Deadpool was Deadpool. Why Marvel Comics hasn't heavily capitalized on that is beyond me. She-Hulk should be as much outrageous as Deadpool is sometimes. It'd be controversial, but if Harley Quinn can get away with it, why not Shulkie? 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

She-Hulk was Deadpool BEFORE Deadpool was Deadpool. Why Marvel Comics hasn't heavily capitalized on that is beyond me. She-Hulk should be as much outrageous as Deadpool is sometimes. It'd be controversial, but if Harley Quinn can get away with it, why not Shulkie? 

Oh, I totally agree.

We have talked about this before, and I absolutely agree that she certainly had a fantastic hook/selling point that the MCU failed to capitalize on (but remember that Perlmutter never would have allowed her to shine!). Now that we have Deadpool, maybe they feel she is redundant, or maybe they feel her "hulkness" makes her redundant. I just feel she is intoxicatingly hilarious and she deserves a showcase. But hey, the MCU ain't going anywhere. Maybe she will get her time to shine on the big screen eventually. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Guess I'll have to wait till the full trailer to find out if Lawrence is another casualty of the Russian Accent in this.

Keep that secret (or keep it an option to ADR some of it in test screening) look almost like a strategy by now, every demo to distributor was without any talking also I think.

Such a strange Hollywood think, to have foreign language speech people talking to each other in English but with an accent.........

• Like 2