kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Damn, she looks so young! 

DJsXQLtX0AAEq8j.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

@trifle THIS is the (teaser) trailer hitting theaters next week with Kingsman.

b-b-b-b-but it's so short!!! :(

Some people in Europe got to see 20 minutes of this!!! :angry:

sigh..... whatever works best for marketing, I guess....

49 minutes ago, antovolk said:

on purpose because Fox marketing.

Those expecting Wick/AB-style action will be very disappointed.

It won't be manga style action but there is action.  There is also a LOT of spycraft in the book.  There are superficial similarities though, so I'm prepared to hear a lot of comparisons of the trailers - fewer comparisons of the movies.

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Damn, she looks so young! 

DJsXQLtX0AAEq8j.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

@trifle THIS is the (teaser) trailer hitting theaters next week with Kingsman.

Which is perfect cause she was recruited as a teenager. So that part of the movie is when she just started. JLaw fits the teen and older version perfectly.

• Like 2

OK, so everyone who read the book is buzzing about the "hair brush" scene. I googled it and got the page of the book where it begins (#110), but the next pages (#111 and 112) where the actual action is are not available. Still, it's easy to get the idea what happens next:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=l-lnAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=red+sparrow+hair+brush&source=bl&ots=b_Iz57EaJe&sig=rIgpLWI3M-IUizr6GO-TEI1A0d4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLoqWHhKbWAhUDxoMKHZTRBu4Q6AEISDAJ#v=onepage&q=red sparrow hair brush&f=false

I see that there's a hunt for that particular spoiler on various forums. 

EDIT: Anya is cast so I guess it will be implied. The actress looks like young Scar-Jo:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6205739/?ref_=tt_cl_t15

Edited by Valonqar

13 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

:rofl:

Red Sparrow  will likely make 46+ on its OW.

sure, jan. the delusion of thinking this will do lucy numbers. jlaw isnt nearly the same star she was in 2012-2015

21 minutes ago, Alli said:

this movie directly targets JL's audience. her fans want to see her in a role like this.  I think it can do 27/80

JL's audience is teen girls-boys so nah

Edited by Kingp0va

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This movie is hard R supposedly. is her audience adult enough? 

I didn't know it was rater R

Just now, Kingp0va said:

JL's audience is teen girls-boys so nah

No. She has acted in plenty of adult orientated movies. That's why i say she was miscast in several roles. the jump from Hunger Games to the other roles was too abrupt. But she has an adult audience too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

sure, jan. the delusion of thinking this will do lucy numbers. jlaw isnt nearly the same star she was in 2012-2015

I think there's something to it. Some stars have long-term star power, some only have a certain window and when that closes it's over, and some suffer a bit of a slump but bounce back. We'll see where JLaw falls down the line but I would say there's something to it, though it's likely more do to choice of roles. 

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

If you cannot see Francis Lawrence is a talented director with this trailer, your loss.

He directed Catching Fire well enough to have his work analyzed in my college textbook. (The scene referenced is the excellent moment when Katniss gives the speech at District 11.)

43 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think there's something to it. Some stars have long-term star power, some only have a certain window and when that closes it's over, and some suffer a bit of a slump but bounce back. We'll see where JLaw falls down the line but I would say there's something to it, though it's likely more do to choice of roles. 

THG movies gave her so much momentum, and she was midly talented so hollywood became obsessed with her and created a hype machine even giving her an oscar (lol), but then her "im so relatable", act got old fast and and people started turning on her when she showed her true colors by constantly being a brat (i recall that incident where she was rude to foreign press members). I feel like she was way too overexposed for 4 years and kind of burnt out.

and my prediction was based on the trailer, it's an action thriller and the trailer made it look boring

Edited by Kingp0va