kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

Not sure why I even bother with early test screening reactions since I know they aren't worth much, but there were a couple of test screenings yesterday and the two responses I've seen are an ambiguous shrug gif and this:

Unfortunately still carries the idea that this is 'Black Widow', but at least he seems to think it was a good Black Widow....

There were at least two test screenings.  I'm wondering how tight that non disclosure agreement was, that this is all that is out there.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 3

Test screening reactions:

• Like 1

Jen did a podcast for The Hollywood Reporter and in it she mentioned why she did Red Sparrow, which is so much  more sexual than other things she had been willing to do:

As high as Lawrence's highs were, her lows were just as low — and none more so than the nightmare that began on Aug. 31, 2014, when a massive breach of Apple's iCloud service allowed hackers to steal and publicly post nude images of hundreds of celebrities, including Lawrence. "When the hacking thing happened, it was so unbelievably violating that you can't even put it into words," she says. "I think that I'm still actually processing it. When I first found out it was happening, my security reached out to me. It was happening minute-to-minute — it was almost like a ransom situation where they were releasing new ones every hour or so. And, I don't know, I feel like I got gang-banged by the fucking planet — like, there's not one person in the world that is not capable of seeing these intimate photos of me. You can just be at a barbecue and somebody can just pull them up on their phone. That was a really impossible thing to process." Making matters worse, there was virtually no recourse for her or the other victims. "A lot of women were affected, and a lot of them reached out to me about suing Apple or suing [others] — and none of that was gonna really bring me peace, none of that was gonna bring my nude body back to me and Nic [Lawrence's former boyfriend Nicholas Hoult], the person that they were intended for. It wasn't gonna bring any of that back. So I wasn't interested in suing everybody; I was just interested in healing." She adds, "I think, like, a year and a half ago, somebody said something to me about how I was 'a good role model for girls,' and I had to go into the bathroom and sob because I felt like an imposter — I felt like, 'I can't believe somebody still feels that way after what happened.' It's so many different things to process when you've been violated like that."

Lawrence says that Red Sparrow, a recently wrapped thriller that reunites her with Francis Lawrence, who directed three of the four Hunger Games films, was sort of a response to the hacking trauma. "[The film] was really sexual, which has always scared me. I've always been like, 'Absolutely no way' — especially after what happened [with the nude hack] — 'no way am I ever gonna do anything sexual.' So, for me, doing Red Sparrow — I felt like I was getting something back that had been taken from me."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/awards-chatter-podcast-jennifer-lawrence-mother-1059777

There's a lot more in there, but that is all of it that is about Red Sparrow.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Her body is meant for nudity. Not sure why she was trying to do anything other than that. Career best performance I see. Well well well....Basic Instinct 3 needs to be made. 

I'm not trying to be obtuse but I don't get what your point is here? 

• Like 3

There are rumors there is a new trailer out soon, and the Daily Mail has pictures.... I don't know if these are from the trailer, but why would they be first with them?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5134991/Jennifer-Lawrence-play-ballerina-turned-Russian-agent.html

46D8DA6200000578-0-image-a-1_15120912646

46D9377E00000578-0-image-a-5_15120912799

more at the link.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, trifle said:

There are rumors there is a new trailer out soon, and the Daily Mail has pictures.... I don't know if these are from the trailer, but why would they be first with them?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5134991/Jennifer-Lawrence-play-ballerina-turned-Russian-agent.html

46D8DA6200000578-0-image-a-1_15120912646

46D9377E00000578-0-image-a-5_15120912799

more at the link.

These are production stills so not from the trailer. But definitely an indicator of a trailer being imminent.

as for 'why would they be first with them' - cause they do get some exclusives from the studios like EW etc too. Shitty choice of outlet for Fox UK I know, but at least the guy who wrote the article (Baz) he's the  guy when it comes to Bond scoops and the saving grace of that pile of trash that is the Daily Mail.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1