kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

Based on the trailer she does a bad Russian accent, and seems to be yet another movies where she doesn't suit the role... Seems to be a pattern. Who knows maybe when it comes out it'll prove different but it just seems like she doesn't suit any of the movies she's in. What happened to that actress from Winter's Bone?

• Like 1

On 2018. 01. 08. at 7:35 PM, antovolk said:

the only thing is how this trailer seems to use aerials of what is obviously Budapest as if it's Moscow. I know they shot the Moscow exterior scenes in Budapest (as well as most of the film anyway) but it will be hella weird given the attention to detail on everything else down to the fucking bad guy's Vertu if they just like 'oh it's not Budapest, it's Moscow' in all the establishing shots.

Unless it's all just for trailer purposes. Which is still dumb.

Yeah, it's definitely weird. I mean pretty much everyone knows this is not Moscow:

Képtalálat a következőre: „red sparrow trailer budapest”

Sure, there are many more recognizable Hungarian landscapes in the trailer, but you can't be more obvious than showing the Parlament. Which makes me think they'll move some of the book locations to Budapest. Maybe Athens?

Oh and I travel with this type of train every week. :)

Képtalálat a következőre: „flirt motorvonat”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, misafeco said:

Yeah, it's definitely weird. I mean pretty much everyone knows this is not Moscow:

Képtalálat a következőre: „red sparrow trailer budapest”

Sure, there are many more recognizable Hungarian landscapes in the trailer, but you can't be more obvious than showing the Parlament. Which makes me think they'll move some of the book locations to Budapest. Maybe Athens?

Oh and I travel with this type of train every week. :)

Képtalálat a következőre: „flirt motorvonat”

The Kremlin itself is so recognisable, yeah. This definitely seems to be the case, that (VERY VERY MINOR SPOILERS)

Spoiler

they've moved the Helsinki parts of the book to Budapest proper. We know the US parts in the final third have been moved to London also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

The Kremlin itself is so recognisable, yeah. This definitely seems to be the case, that (VERY VERY MINOR SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

Book spoiler:

Spoiler

You mean they will send Nash to Budapest instead of Helsinki after his "failure"? That would be a big change.

What’s frustrating is that this is Black Widows origin story. So that movie is officially out the window. 

Plus I don’t think this will be massive, which will be the final nail in the coffin.

I’ll go and see this though, it looks ok.

I’m just cautious after hating Atomic Blonde and Passengers. 

38 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What’s frustrating is that this is Black Widows origin story. So that movie is officially out the window. 

Plus I don’t think this will be massive, which will be the final nail in the coffin.

Disney now owns Fox, so maybe Iron Man rescues her at the end of the movie. :hahaha:

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It s like not like Black Widow invented that kind of story line in the first place so ...

9 hours ago, misafeco said:

Book spoiler:

Hide contents

You mean they will send Nash to Budapest instead of Helsinki after his "failure"? That would be a big change.

Spoiler

yeah, exactly. If there was anything from Helsinki in the film it'd be in the trailers, and at the moment there's nothing that looks like it...the Soviet-esque architecture of the reception where Nash and Dominika meet is also a bit of a giveaway. and Budapest establishers mean that the city proper would be playing a role (hopefully). And there's a shot of Nate with clear Hungarian signage around

also expanding on my previous point re: London , especially Dominika being in those sequences - seems they are making changes to that final act too involving the Senator if I'm not misremembering the book. And another interesting question is how they'll handle MARBLE's identity, Warren Singer's draft was upfront about it from the start.

SPOILERS ABOVE SO DON'T LOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

They just announced a script getting developed for it:

https://www.thewrap.com/jac-schaeffer-marvel-black-widow-movie/

Would not be before 2020 if it happen, not sure if it would be an origin story or if it would happen in the current MCU storyline.

Edited by Barnack