terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

My problem with The Sixth Sense is the same as with The Prestige...I saw the twist coming a mile away. And unlike Signs where I saw it coming too, the twist was the best part of those films. Signs had so much more for me than that.

Did you see Sixth Sense when it first came out or a while later? Cause I find it hard to believe you saw the twist coming if you saw it in theaters. The moviegoing climate was a lot different in 1999 and nobody expected twists like that in horror films.

• Like 2

I looked at the Rotten Tomatoes page for "The Perfect Guy", the rating of 25% was expected as I know it wasn't screened for critics, but it only has 8 reviews on there. Did no critics even want to review the movie or something?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_perfect_guy/

I wouldn't if I were them. Plus many must be in Toronto right now. 

MI5 looks to do 4m this weekend..... it will need 4x multiplier to reach 200m. Should happen, but it is gonna be a craaaaaaaaaawl.

I actually don't think it will.

Maze Runner 2

Black Mass

Everest

The Walk

The Martian

All of them will take screens from MI5. There's still a chance, though. 

When I last looked it seemed: PG 9.8 Visit 8.8, WR 2.1, Walk 1.5, SOC and MI5 1.1. Obviously WC lates can change these a bit.

Perfect Guy looking at $26-27 million, Visit looking at $20-21 million, War Room looking at $7-8 million, Walk in the Woods looking at $5-5.5 million, MI5 and Compton looking at $3.5-4 million. 

If Perfect Guy really did $11 million, then I'll adjust to $29-30 million. 

September is boring? Dead? Ha ha.

Exactly.

Black Mass and Maze Runner 2 could combine for $70 million+ next weekend... not to mention Everest doing $4-6 million in its IMAX run, or potentially more. 

And every weekend after that, except October 30th and December 4th/11th, looks rather solid, either due to its openers or the likely strong holds - or even both! 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1