kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

MODERATION

Maybe I should have been clearer on my message. Anybody who has a post that consists of Banks calling out sexism as a way to excuse the film potentially bombing or whatever is inexcusable. Anybody else who does it will be given warning points or possibly a thread ban. NO EXCEPTIONS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It seems it's going to receive amazing WOM in China and may break out, it may not be over yet.

Where you getting that from? There are no scores from the three major audience score aggregate sites yet. If you're talking about chatter on weibo to predict WoM, that's as useless as chatter on Twitter.

2 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It seems it's going to receive amazing WOM in China and may break out, it may not be over yet.

Wont break out. Its not a Chinese breakout type of movie..

Female stars and low on CG/Crazy action rarely do good in China

My best guess atp is 15-20 mill $ total. And thats optimistic with 4,5 mill yuan PS on OD

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Why is audience score on RT unlocked already?

83% verified

45% non verified (lmao)

First example of the system at work it seems unless I missed a previous movie that got review bombed after the change.

Girls night out showings yesterday, low couple hundred k of business.     

It’s 10 positive and 2 negative individual audience reviews.

Downvoting before having even seen the movie is pathetic for any reason, but keep in mind a lot of the BS 1/10 ratings on IMDB may be because it's another pointless remake and not just women hate.

But like I said, any reason for that kind of trolling is pretty pathetic.

9 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

If this is good then they should fire the marketing department because they made it look really awful.

You can say that a bout a number of films.

It is possible for a film to overcome a bad marketing campaign and go on to be a massive hit;people forget the marketing campaign for Frozen back in 2013 was pretty weak;the first few trailers were just plain terrible.

But I don't think history will repeat itself with "Charlie's Angels". Any Disney animated film has a certain base on which you can build;Angels does not.

8 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Why do they care now?   Why are these guys always so enraged and petty trying to bring down a movie's score.  It's weird and pathetic.

I'm a woman and I support female film making but have no desire to see this movie.  But I'm not offended by Banks saying I should. 

I refuse to support a movie for any reason other then it's a good movie.

IMHO this is going to backfire on Banks. It looks like a cheap attempt to save a film which appears doomed at the box office.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I refuse to support a movie for any reason other then it's a good movie.

IMHO this is going to backfire on Banks. It looks like a cheap attempt to save a film which appears doomed at the box office.

I was wondering when Banks was going to pull an Olivia Wilde/Booksmart.

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Downvoting before having even seen the movie is pathetic for any reason, but keep in mind a lot of the BS 1/10 ratings on IMDB may be because it's another pointless remake and not just women hate.

But like I said, any reason for that kind of trolling is pretty pathetic.

Agreed. I pretty much have a plague on both your houses attitude about this fuss;the people who down vote this movie because they don't like strong women charecters are pathetic, but Elizabeth Banks, for whom normally I have quite a bit of respect, to say support this movie or I am a dirty sexist just cost her quite a bit of my respect. And it smacks of desperation.

Irony is the TV series back in the 70's was denounced by femininst as making sex objects of the main charecters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I was wondering when Banks was going to pull an Olivia Wilde/Booksmart.

Reminds me more of what went on with "GHostbusters 2016".

And Wilde actually had a very good movie to push with Booksmart;Banks not so much.

But you don't see Greta Gerwig and Patti Jenkens doing these stunts for their movies.

Just now, dudalb said:

And Wilde actually had a very good movie to push with Booksmart;Banks not so much.

But you don't see Greta Gerwig and Patti Jenkens doing these stunts for their movies.

Nope, because the movies speak for themselves.

Fucking loved it! I had zero expectations, but it was pure fun. All three leads are awesome -Kristen showed some charisma for the first time in her career-, the action is good considering the budget, it's simple entertainment. Banks has talent, she delivered a fun movie for the second time on a row, and I can see it getting some great WOM from it's main demo and having some nice walkup this weekend. Go see it, guys.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

Ghostbusters 2016 didn't do very bad at box office, ( it grossed more than $100m in US. )  

The main problem was that the budget was too high.   (The next Ghostbusters will be a lower budget film. )

Edited by John2015
  • Thanks 2