kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

18 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm not surprised at the ehrlich review. he is enamored with Kstewart. she can do no wrong in his eyes, even tho sometimes he gives bad review to her movies, he always makes it a point to explain how wonderful actress she is. :sadno:

I seriously can’t stand this guy, the most obnoxious, smug, self-absorbed edgelord "critic" out there. 

It's not suprise he loves Stewart. 

Edited by Movie nerd

Reviews are average. Positive ones are passing grade. Basically the repeat of DF reviews. better than expected but that isn't saying much. It's the same people that made DF "better than Joker" on RT that are going to do the same for CA

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Reviews are average. Positive ones are passing grade. Basically the repeat of DF reviews. better than expected but that isn't saying much. It's the same people that made DF "better than Joker" on RT that are going to do the same for CA

around the same critical reception for Dark Fate, Doctor Sleep and Zombieland 2.

The reviews aren’t bad or anything. But they’re not good enough to create any “hype” for the movie. Still good to see it getting positive reactions from critics and stuff. Maybe that’ll translate to some box office success this weekend though it doesn’t look likely. 

• Like 3

Reviews seem OK. Imho this movie needed more than that - and much earlier. Mainly when we look at what people here have been posting about pre-sales regarding to this movie. Good for them the budget isn’t that high. Don’t see anything (yet) suggesting it could be a break-out tho.

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

CA is going to be boxoffice success due to small budget. it needs a little over 100M to break even and it's going to make more than that from global release. Most likely Tomb Rider type of situation where OS comes to the rescue somewhat.

Whats the budget?

Reviews are what I expected. While the movie does look dull and generic, Elizabeth Banks seems like a very smart and creative person (as she confirmed directing Pitch Perfect 2, which was a nice surprise for me). But the project in itself, a low budget Charlie's Angels reboot, would also not be more than disposable entertainment anyway. I hope she directs a non franchise comedy next.

This film is simply not on people's radar, and it needs more then "pretty good" reviews to get it up on people's  radar.

It won't lose money because of the low budget, but they won't get a franchsie out of it, and you know that was a major reason this was greenlighted.