kayumanggi

CHARLIE'S ANGELS | 15 NOVEMBER 2019 | Sony | Elizabeth Banks directing. Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:03 PM, Jay Beezy said:

It certainly doesn’t help that they’re being made by filmmakers who can’t seem to make anything unique out of them. Like, where’s the Lord/Miller mindset in these filmmakers?

It's also helps if you source material is good, 

"Charlie's Angels" was never good source material. The original show is pretty much the definition of cheesy trash TV without the entertainment value  that could make it fun.

8 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

Bravo! While the women-hating male-supremacists might have successfully sabotaged this movie by trashing it 24/7 with bias, the women behind the movie are full of courage and sharply point out the fact that audience still do not want to embrace feminist movies. 

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's also helps if you source material is good, 

"Charlie's Angels" was never good source material. The original show is pretty much the definition of cheesy trash TV without the entertainment value  that could make it fun.

I think subversion of expectations should be a requirement of any style of reboot to an old property, not just adding a seemingly progressive angle.

17 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

Jake TapperVerified account @jaketapper 11 hours ago

Replying to @ElizabethBanks

My daughter loved it, as did all her friends. They saw it Saturday night.

30 replies .12 retweets681 likes

Richard Angelino @richangelino 11 hours ago
They must've accounted for half the audience.
17 replies .3 retweets311 likes

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It is flopping hard DOM, no doubts about it. But, OS is going to save it, it's looking like it can end in the $120m-$140m area WW, which would be more than enough for a $50m production. It's almost like Baywatch again, although, CA is a far better movie.

I can’t see it going that high, I thought around $85m worldwide total. 

47 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can’t see it going that high, I thought around $85m worldwide total. 

It grossed $19m in 26 markets only, the only main ones were China, Brazil, Russia and Australia. Take off China, and these markets will bring in at least $30m, plus $35m-$40m between DOM and China, it would need to make only $15m in the rest of markets to your prediction happen. And I fail to see why it can't bring in at least $50m in the rest of the world, especially considering it will have holidays boost in several markets. 

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It grossed $19m in 26 markets only, the only main ones were China, Brazil, Russia and Australia. Take off China, and these markets will bring in at least $30m, plus $35m-$40m between DOM and China, it would need to make only $15m in the rest of markets to your prediction happen. And I fail to see why it can't bring in at least $50m in the rest of the world, especially considering it will have holidays boost in several markets. 

I find all those numbers optimistic, especially the $50m. And I can’t think of what holidays will boost it overseas.