kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

Dot get me wrong, I'm overjoyed that we may get a Sept record, but the fact that Everest may only do 4.5 for Friday is super disappointing. To be honest I was hoping for 8.

Solid for Intern. May do 19M this weekend :)

• Like 2

Fuck this weekend. Shit September is shit.

What? We're having a second straight weekend with a 30+ opener. The Intern did more than probably most of us expected. These past three weeks have been probably the most exciting September in a long time, with four big time openers over 25, and a few mid-level hits like Black Mass, Everest, and Intern. Don't be cynical just for the sake of it. 

• Like 9

Are these HT2 numbers reflective of the fact that there hasn't been a "kids" movie since Minions? Or is the brand just strong?

If the brand was genuinely strong then it would open significantly higher than the last one. The fact they are opening very similarly, despite one being unknown to audiences and the other being known, suggests to me that it's mostly just that there is a big budget wide release family film, rather than a specific brand.

The past couple weekends have been pretty interesting, imo. Several ~20+ openers that will turn into successful hits. We've got a major animation, a disaster movie, a young adult film, several dramas, and all have been successful. Nice for there to be some actual competition.

Edited by Hungry Hanging Scorch Tree

HT2 may break the September record again. Intern doing way better than expected. Your expectations are ridiculous.

The past 3 weekends have all been great for September.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 7

Btw if there is a showing of 99 HOMES near anyone on this board... you should absolutely go and see it. I know it's only in a couple of cinemas in the whole country (same situation over here) but if you get the chance, you should see it, as it's fantastic.

• Like 1

Btw if there is a showing of 99 HOMES near anyone on this board... you should absolutely go and see it. I know it's only in a couple of cinemas in the whole country (same situation over here) but if you get the chance, you should see it, as it's fantastic.

I wish it was playing here! Luckily enough there's a showing of Sicario right by me, and I'm catching the 6:45 showing. Can't wait.

Sony Animation is really good with their budgets. Cloudy 2 also cost less than the first Cloudy.

the smaller budget comes with a price, I don't about HT, but the first Cloudy looked great, it actually looked like a movie made by a big animation studio, the second on other hand looked really cheap, almost like an expensive DTV animated movie. Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1