kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

Btw if there is a showing of 99 HOMES near anyone on this board... you should absolutely go and see it. I know it's only in a couple of cinemas in the whole country (same situation over here) but if you get the chance, you should see it, as it's fantastic.

I really liked the trailer. Glad to hear its good

Everest is the first casualty of the cramming of so many adult targeted films at once

Two of the adult-skewing films should have been released in that somewhat dead late July or all of August period. 

Everest or Maze Runner 2 would have been perfect as the last 'big' summer movie, with F4 bombing and Compton not really targeting their demos. And Pan should have released in August to take advantage of the dearth of family-friendly films. 

• Like 1

Two of the adult-skewing films should have been released in that somewhat dead late July or all of August period. 

Everest or Maze Runner 2 would have been perfect as the last 'big' summer movie, with F4 bombing and Compton not really targeting their demos. And Pan should have released in August to take advantage of the dearth of family-friendly films. 

I don't think the studio has any confidence in Pan. They bumped it in favor of Vacation, a movie that didn't do all that great in July/August.

• Like 3

CJohn's gonna start hyping up "Martian over 100M next weekend" and then it will "only" do 50-60 and we are all going to moan and complain what a boring weekend it was.

Ahhhhh just another day at Box Office Theory...

• Like 2

Hotel Transylvania 2 is doing strong(early expectations) considering that it's an animated sequel and will no matter what perform like Cloudy 2 instead of Smurfs 2. The Intern should play fine and probably have decent legs although there are a lot of adult skewing films coming up in the fall market (but it's targeting older females). Everest is doing bleh but overseas will help it and it could actually just break even in the U.S.

CJohn's gonna start hyping up "Martian over 100M next weekend" and then it will "only" do 50-60 and we are all going to moan and complain what a boring weekend it was.

Or it opens within 500K of Interstellar (on either side) and everyone goes on suicide watch

• Like 3

I don't think the studio has any confidence in Pan. They bumped it in favor of Vacation, a movie that didn't do all that great in July/August.

It's very telling that Vacation was moved up and Man from UNCLE stayed put while Pan was delayed. 

• Like 3

Pan looks like a bomb, no matter where it was put. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

Now CJohn, now is not the time for vengeance.

That comes July 2017.

Nolan Da God will unleash his mightiness upon us all. 

:kitschjob:

No. I have another plans in mind.

STAR WARS. 300M DOM OW. 650M WW OW. BELIEVE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

• Like 6

Dah... I have no expectation for Everest but I'm as disappointed as CJohn because I think the movie deserves better. So people would only watch a disaster movie that make them 'feel good' with Hollywood ending hah? Those people deserve San Andreas, and they can kiss my lovely arse.

Dah... I have no expectation for Everest but I'm as disappointed as CJohn because I think the movie deserves better. So people would only watch a disaster movie that make them 'feel good' with Hollywood ending hah? Those people deserve San Andreas, and they can kiss my lovely arse.

Maybe they're just saving their money for Sir Ridley next weekend.

Just seen A Nightmare On Elm Street in the cinema.

So great. Wasn't even born when it was originally out.

Very nostalgic.

I felt very nostalgic when I saw the awesome RAIDERS in the cinema on 70mm... even though it is nearly twice as old as me.

Maybe they're just saving their money for Sir Ridley next weekend.

They can't see both? It's always baffled me when people using that excuse to skip a movie. I'm seeing the Martian on the opening day but that doesn't stop me from seeing any other movies.
  • Like 1

They can't see both? It's always baffled me when people using that excuse to skip a movie. I'm seeing the Martian on the opening day but that doesn't stop me from seeing any other movies.

Maybe people aren't interested in watching Everest. The ads and trailers have not exactly been great, and it doesn't star any major names apart from Gyllenhaal.

• Like 1