kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

20 hours ago, JustLurking said:

The way things are going I can see this one not make 400M. China will probably be -140/150M alone vs TLK but it also looks like it's going to do worse - much worse even - than TLK just about everywhere. More than DOM, it looks like it is OS markets where this is collapsing and those carried this franchise.

Toldja this would struggle OS massively.

352706531_977495797025702_3466440610654181967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=JM5cZ4SRc94AX__1F2k&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg4-1.xx&oh=00_AfA3anmdSISkQ2lk3ErrS4THF4D-m6LuZbU6KBAmbxtcrg&oe=6487E272

As the premiere date is near, I see lot more TF films posts with pictures like the one above.

And, all the posters are talking about is that they miss the Megan Fox era and lament about how Hollywood has become "woke" and "fallen".

I don't know if any of you in this thread feel the same. But I don't think it is the right mentality to have.

Sometimes, not every main actress has to be a white hot chick. One should move on from this and embrace diversity.

Let people from different backgrounds shine.

Otherwise, the whole film industry will become stale.   

• Knock It Off 1

The Shia LaBeouf movies sure have gone through a re-evaluation over the past year. I guess that isn’t entirely surprising, since everything that’s considered nostalgic seems to getting looked at in a different lens nowadays, but it’s still weird to see.
I suppose the 2007 film and DotM might have some merit, but I think RotF is only marginally less bad than AoE. 

3 hours ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

352706531_977495797025702_3466440610654181967_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=JM5cZ4SRc94AX__1F2k&_nc_ht=scontent-hkg4-1.xx&oh=00_AfA3anmdSISkQ2lk3ErrS4THF4D-m6LuZbU6KBAmbxtcrg&oe=6487E272

As the premiere date is near, I see lot more TF films posts with pictures like the one above.

And, all the posters are talking about is that they miss the Megan Fox era and lament about how Hollywood has become "woke" and "fallen".

I don't know if any of you in this thread feel the same. But I don't think it is the right mentality to have.

Sometimes, not every main actress has to be a white hot chick. One should move on from this and embrace diversity.

Let people from different backgrounds shine.

Otherwise, the whole film industry will become stale.   

It's really a shame because these are the two best leads they've had. It's depressing to know that even if you're the best actor for the job people won't accept you because you're the wrong color. I was worried about this happening because the movie has a lot of inside jokes and cultural nuances that would be better understood by Black/Latino audiences, especially New Yorkers. This is gonna struggle internationally. 

3 minutes ago, Vector Sigma said:

It's really a shame because these are the two best leads they've had. It's depressing to know that even if you're the best actor for the job people won't accept you because you're the wrong color. I was worried about this happening because the movie has a lot of inside jokes and cultural nuances that would be better understood by Black/Latino audiences, especially New Yorkers. This is gonna struggle internationally. 

We've had a one city drawing movie already fail before...especially b/c apparently if you draw for that city, you still don't draw all of that city.  Ask In The Heights...

If they have a lot of inside jokes that go over everyone's head but certain New Yorkers, that was bad writing for a tentpole budgeted film.

• Knock It Off 2

On 6/9/2023 at 1:23 PM, WittyUsername said:

The Shia LaBeouf movies sure have gone through a re-evaluation over the past year. I guess that isn’t entirely surprising, since everything that’s considered nostalgic seems to getting looked at in a different lens nowadays, but it’s still weird to see.
I suppose the 2007 film and DotM might have some merit, but I think RotF is only marginally less bad than AoE. 

I've always really enjoyed the first 3 films. Even the second one. 

So I saw the movie and I did enjoy it for the most part which is more than I can say for Age of Extinction. I didn't even bother with The Last Knight. I gotta admit that the human stuff was kinda boring but the Transformers stuff was all enjoyable. This movie definitely benefited from only being 2 hours. I didn't expect *that* moment towards the end of the movie. Are they actually going to follow up on it? I'm not sure how they can at this point but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Hope that changes because my god would that be early. It might not hurt it since PVOD seems to not do much but still.

I agree. Such a stupid idea. The movie has a 92% audience rating. What is Paramount thinking?

I enjoyed it. I will have forgotten what happened in the film by tomorrow but I enjoyed it in the moment, which is more than I can say for any of the first 5. Doesn't touch the gold standard of Bumblebee but it's decent. Some cool moments. Doesn't really drag at any point. CGI is a bit ropey sometimes compared to the "original" live action ones, obviously the budget has come down quite a lot, understandably since the franchise seems to have lost the majority of its audience.

Also the reveal of the future of the franchise is interesting.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:06 AM, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

The streaming money is fool's gold. They still don't understand it.

The only objective, plus subjective from all points of view, fool's gold is theartical only money, and delussional people still do not get it. Should have been Day And Date on Paramount Plus. You will downvote because is true, no matter the excuses you people make to say The objective, correct, universally verified greatness of day and date is stupid, bad or any bad adjective. Because no matter what you say can erase the TRUTH, that Day and Date is THE BEST.

Edited by Day and Date The Best

I saw it on Monday with my 30-year younger godson and my 30-year older mother. Still recovering from it but here's my corporate sandwich take on it:

Godson 

It was his first 3D film. He was visibly excited about the movie and liked it very much. There wasn't anything specific. He liked it or even loved it all.

Myself

I used to read the Transformers comics in the 80s and 90s as a kid and was pleasantly surprised by the first Transformers movie. It was entertaining and exceeded my low expectations since Michael Bay directed it. This movie made me again less sympathetic to the writer's strike. It was horrible, frustrating, and saddening. It wasn't a total pile of poo. It had some okay moments and the lead actor was likable. I had to first actively put aside the 5-year-old writing of racial commentary and remind myself to switch my brain off and just enjoy the scenery, transformers, and Optimus Prime...which they had turned pretty unlikable first. I really wonder if any of the writers have ever really read the comics. Or is it a lack of life experience outside of a Hollywood/film industry bubble? Especially some diverse life experiences like working in different kinds of jobs, living and breathing different cultures, and learning about history would translate into more nuanced writing with better dialogue, fleshed-out characters, and their character arcs, better premise, well the list goes on. Or is it all of the above? The writing was juvenile and the root cause of this awful mess IMHO.

Mother

It was her first 3D film and probably her first premium screen experience too...and her first action-oriented theater experience. She was laughing like it was a comedy and enjoying her first experience in 3D. The movie isn't really her cup of tea but she connected, especially with her nurse background, to the big brother-younger brother relationship on screen.

Conclusion

Even if I didn't have so a great time with it, at least it delivered a great experience for my Godson and mother for which I'm grateful.

Fun fact

There were 11 of us in the 405-seat main auditorium at 2:30pm showing.

This is probably my favorite TF movie in that none of the humans pissed me off or annoyed me in any way. Even Bumblebee had some truly unbearable human characters. Had fun, wouldn’t mind more. Which is about the best thing I can say for this franchise.