kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

The movie not being exactly a "traditional" horror movie will hurt its cinemascore which is a bullshit metric anyway. But I don't see why some people are so sure it's gonna have gigantic drops and toxic WOM. A lot of people said the same thing about The Witch after OW because supposedly all the average joes hated it and the movie ended up with a 2.9 multiplier anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joel M said:

The movie not being exactly a "traditional" horror movie will hurt its cinemascore which is a bullshit metric anyway. But I don't see why some people are so sure it's gonna have gigantic drops and toxic WOM. A lot of people said the same thing about The Witch after OW because supposedly all the average joes hated it and the movie ended up with a 2.9 multiplier anyway. 

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Yeah, I am sure that It will drop 88 % this coming weekend, and lose the # 1 spot to mother! 's 15-20 million OW... :rofl:

mother! is doomed now now it the Kevin seal of approval

1 hour ago, trifle said:

I love your enthusiasm!

.....but I would not hold my breath....

It's less enthusiasm more hatred for the competition

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

My dream Jlaw collabs are Amy Schumer (done), Jane Fonda, and Bette Midler. I'd love to see her paired with Michael B. Jordan in something not unlike what Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington did in The Pelican Brief ...but with lots of sexy-times LOL

I would LOVE her with Jane Fonda and Michael B Jordan. 

vanity-fair-2-800.jpg?w=800&h=600

I'd also love her with DiCaprio though, in a mentor type role or villain role or something (not romantic despite the age of her real life romance and his typical ones. Besides she's too old for him now! )

I love this look!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

Spoiler, beware, according to Aronofksi, this is the Godmother of mother! :

Spoiler

https://www.amazon.com/Woman-Nature-Roaring-Inside-Her/dp/1619028379/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=41hZHRGYb3L&dpPl=1&keywords=women and nature susan griffin&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&qid=1505221978&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

In this famously provocative cornerstone of feminist literature, Susan Griffin explores the identification of women with the earth both as sustenance for humanity and as victim of male rage. Starting from Plato’s fateful division of the world into spirit and matter, her analysis of how patriarchal Western philosophy and religion have used language and science to bolster their power over both women and nature is brilliant and persuasive, coming alive in poetic prose.Griffin draws on an astonishing range of sourcesfrom timbering manuals to medical texts to Scripture and classical literaturein showing how destructive has been the impulse to disembody the human soul, and how the long separated might once more be rejoined. Poet Adrienne Rich calls Woman and Nature “perhaps the most extraordinary nonfiction work to have merged from the matrix of contemporary female consciousnessa fusion of patriarchal science, ecology, female history and feminism, written by a poet who has created a new form for her vision… The book has the impact of a great film or a fresco; yet it is intimately personal, touching to the quick of woman’s experience.”

81U6+DYQKIL.jpg

• Like 1

Livestream for red carpet at Radio City Hall - Jen looks AMAZING!

She's in character with flowers in her hair.

apparently there was a hearse there with the mother! logo on it!

https://twitter.com/alexi_pix/status/908110257905422336

and thank you @Blankments for all the likes as you caught up on the thread!

https://twitter.com/alexi_pix/status/908110257905422336 

Edited by trifle
  • Thanks 1

People are convinced that this film is going to turn off audiences...but...what if the whole thing becomes an Inception-type buzz machine precisely because of its puzzle-like qualities? What if it becomes a watercooler-conversation type of phenomenon? 

Not saying that this is going to gross 292 million, obviously, but what if it does a mini-Inception ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

People are convinced that this film is going to turn off audiences...but...what if the whole thing becomes an Inception-type buzz machine precisely because of its puzzle-like qualities? What if it becomes a watercooler-conversation type of phenomenon? 

Not saying that this is going to gross 292 million, obviously, but what if it does a mini-Inception ?

Trust me, it won't happen, not in a million years.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I do have to say the final trailer was pretty trash :lol: 

we weren't lying :P   but glad you saw it for yourself to see what we were saying.  But obviously it won't hurt your anticipation for the movie so all is good :) 

2 minutes ago, 75livesinDerry said:

we weren't lying :P   but glad you saw it for yourself to see what we were saying.  But obviously it won't hurt your anticipation for the movie so all is good :) 

I loved that I got new footage for a film I'm seeing in a day or two :lol: 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

:winona2:  :rofl: