kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think the "please buy tickets" trailer they played will be remembered more than the film. 

I don't know about that! it's gotten pretty good reviews last time I checked. I'm hoping it does well but I'm keeping my expectations modest became people here keep saying how poorly it's selling so far. 

• Like 1

didn't quite love this but it sure is singular. Third act is a lot of fun if you're prepared to roll with certain things (and by that point I think the film makes fairly clear what it's doing so that shouldn't be hard).

I predict that the GA won't care for it and the Academy will politely ignore it. Certainly can't see any of the actors getting nominated. No, not even Pfeiffer.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 3

I commend Jennifer for at least trying to expand the range of stuff she does post-THG stardom. Reminds me of Leo's post-Titanic career.

While she could be reaping more financial gains doing romcoms or quasi-women in peril films (well, at least the traditional kind of women-in-peril films), she is doing stuff like mother! , which I think builds an interesting body of work that helps her gain [more] respect among her industry peers.

And I say this as someone who is not exactly her biggest fan (not even close)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I commend Jennifer for at least trying to expand the range of stuff she does post-THG stardom. Reminds me of Leo's post-Titanic career.

While she could be reaping more financial gains doing romcoms or quasi-women in peril films (well, at least the traditional kind of women-in-peril films), she is doing stuff like mother! , which I think builds an interesting body of work that helps her gain [more] respect among her industry peers.

And I say this as someone who is not exactly her biggest fan (not even close)

Jennifer Lawrence messaged me the other day saying she despises you.

lol but seriously I never understood why you criticized her so much.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Jennifer Lawrence messaged me the other day saying she despises you.

lol but seriously I never understood why you criticized her so much.

Let's just say...that I dislike her for reasons that have nothing to do with her work. :D

Having said that, I still find her an insanely talented young actress and a captivating movie presence, and I cannot wait till I see mother!  tonight.  

I am beyond hyped!!!

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

A new trailer came out exclusively attached to It that hasn't appeared online. It has the commercial narrator with big lettering hyping it up as a life changing experience coming out in one week at this theater. At the end of the trailer, the narrator tells you to go to the box office after the movie and get tickets.

Is that trailer different from the one that says (in big bold red letters), "you will never forget where you were when you watched 'mother!'"?  Are they two separate clips?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is that trailer different from the one that says (in big bold red letters), "you will never forget where you were when you watched 'mother!'"?  Are they two separate clips?

Yeah, it's much different. The one released online is better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Don't her many Oscars help with the respect thing? That is another difference with a young Leo. :sparta:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Don't her many Oscars help with the respect thing? That is another difference with a young Leo. :sparta:

If Leo was a woman he would have won for Titanic.  Oscar (aka a body disproportionately composed of older men) loves it's pretty ingenues in the Best Actress category.  Pretty young men - not so much. B)

• Like 2