kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

19 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

J-Law is now J-Flop.

This film makes her even cooler. When is the last time a major star did something this risky? This is no wispy, safe Oscar bait film. This took balls. And the performance is fantastic.  

Edited by straggler
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, therana said:

I don't know what JLaw was thinking when she chose this. This is one of those pretentious films that try too hard to be original and edgy and fall short. The movie is neither entertaining nor clever nor artistic. It's just weird.

I think she should be applauded for doing something as kooky and out there as this instead of some disposable romcom.

30 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

An F isn't divisive. It's a film that's being rejected.

No. It is a film not designed for mainstream audiences. To say it is not divisive is to pretend that all the reactions and reviews hailing it as a brilliant movie did not happen. The two biggest Youtube reviewers also gave it a very favorable reaction. So 200 people from the multiplex HATED it? Ok. Still a divisive movie. 

Edited by straggler
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
42 minutes ago, straggler said:

No. It is a film not designed for mainstream audiences. To say it is not divisive is to pretend that all the reactions and reviews hailing it as a brilliant movie did not happen. The two biggest Youtube reviewers also gave it a very favorable reaction. So 200 people from the multiplex HATED it? Ok. Still a divisive movie. 

Right it's being rejected by mainstream audiences. In order for it to be divisive, most people who see it need to be more mixed on it. Since most people are part of the mainstream audience, most people are rejecting the movie. 

For the record "not designed for mainstream audiences" is the biggest bullshit ever. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Nova said:

I'd be cautious to blame the alt right entirely for this movie's low audience scores. Especially when you actually start reading some of the reviews.

This isn't a Snatched situation. 

Yeah, I doubt the French site AlloCine gets a significant % of vengeful alt right voters and it's audience %s are pretty in line with RT/Flixter - with a 2.5/5 avg. 43% rate it 0 or 1 star.  Worse but not that far off from the 35% of major French reviewer sites that rated it one star - the same % that rated it 4 or 5 stars.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, cookie said:

I think the alt-right idiots would have a much bigger fish to fry with It since Stephen King is very anti-Trump.

Stephen King doesn't get remotely as much media as Jen does when she says something.

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

Specially with a F cinemascore, cinemascore cannot be manipulated by a small group over voting online, they are paying customer picked, maybe it will go up overtime has it reach is natural audience, but with that general audience reaction, would expect very low score.

I don't think the cinemascore was manipulated although it is obviously biased by its nature to a few theaters and people who attend previews (most don't, imho.) But that is true of any cinemascore.

I was specifically speaking of RT.