Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I think what it comes down to is if you think it's unrealistic that upper management of a large organisation will arbitrarily keep secrets and strategy from everyone else, even though it seems not to provide any advantage for them to do so and it just presents as a facade of arrogance, then you obviously haven't worked in a large organisation.

The problem is not that Holdo did not delegate information, it's that the movie makes a big deal about it. It's pointless. The movie established that Poe is reckless in the first 20 minutes, there is no reason to go through that again.

But as someone who has worked in large organisations and been part of the army, I assure you that any full scale operation demands back and forth feedback in order to work. A captain/admiral can dictate the strategy/vision, but you cannot expect them to have insight on the plan details that key operators can provide.

Now my main problem with Holdo is that it's a typical case of "tell, not show" authority played wrong. Her character doesn't hold up, because the script says she's awesome, but she fails to do her job miserably. On the opposite side, take a similarly introduced character in a less than serious setting: Harvey Kaitel in Pulp Fiction.

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Racists and bigots do apply here. There have been many people making racist and sexist remarks towards the actors. That is why Kelly Marie Tran deleted her insta. Racists and bigots had no problem with Rouge One because it wasn't part of the main series. It was a side story and no one cared about those movies as much

No, it doesn't prove shit. You know what then? Infinity War caused brand value of the MCU to decrease and Ant-man and the Wasp proved that when it barely made its budget back. BvS saved the DCEU because Wonder Woman was a huge hit. 

Or you find it hard to read the subtleties of a script. It never says sacrifice is good or not (because anyone can make that statement). The movie says sacrifice should only be used when it is needed to save people who they love and not destroy the ones they hate because it also causes pain and suffering to the people who loved them. Finn's sacrifice was a misguided act of hate (I don't care if it could saved the resistance. he explicitly says he is doing it because he hates the FO and wants to destroy it) that would have gone in vain since his ship started melting already. He would had no impact with his hateful act.

Thread. Over. What a post!

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Your average movie-goer cares about Transformers than The Godfather. I guess the former shouldn't even be in the same sentence as The Godfather.

The movie is in the same sentence as those films because not only is it a critical darling but most people in the film industry loved it. It will have as much of an influence in the film industry as those films. No one cares if you found it boring.

Also, the movie made 60.5 million in home video sales. One more than Spiderman homecoming. No one cares about the movie my ass.

Godfather adjusted is bigger than Transformers so don't know what you're trying to say there. 

Mad Max was about as liked by the GA as Kingman.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Racists and bigots do apply here. There have been many people making racist and sexist remarks towards the actors. That is why Kelly Marie Tran deleted her insta. Racists and bigots had no problem with Rouge One because it wasn't part of the main series. It was a side story and no one cared about those movies as much

Or maybe Rogue One was actually a good movie? 

the same racists were blasting TFA And Rogue one as well you know. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Thread. Over. What a post!

The thread hasn't even began yet ChippedMonky and the post you're replying to is low quality and grapsing at straws to defend a crappy film.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, it doesn't prove shit. You know what then? Infinity War caused brand value of the MCU to decrease and Ant-man and the Wasp proved that when it barely made its budget back. BvS saved the DCEU because Wonder Woman was a huge hit. 

Or you find it hard to read the subtleties of a script. It never says sacrifice is good or not (because anyone can make that statement). The movie says sacrifice should only be used when it is needed to save people who they love and not destroy the ones they hate because it also causes pain and suffering to the people who loved them. Finn's sacrifice was a misguided act of hate (I don't care if it could saved the resistance. he explicitly says he is doing it because he hates the FO and wants to destroy it) that would have gone in vain since his ship started melting already. He would had no impact with his hateful act.

The theme in the film was extremely badly conveyed and in some of the most atrocious lines since Attack of the Clones. 

I think you guys keep talking about how TLJ had all these great themes but I think you guys fail to understand to most people who watched the film, the themes never landed. 

33 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

understand to most people who watched the film, the themes never landed. 

No clue how that line is atrocious. It doesn't try to be Shakespearean like Lucas did with the prequels and gets straight to the point. Maybe the timing was wrong but I didn't mind that.

But this is the thing. We won't know whether the themes landed for most people or not. Star Wars fans screeching on the internet isn't most people. All I know is that it landed for me and most critics.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

No clue how that line is atrocious. It doesn't try to be Shakespearean like Lucas did with the prequels and gets straight to the point. Maybe the timing was wrong but I didn't mind that.

But this is the thing. We won't know whether the themes landed for most people or not. The internet isn't most people.

hey

Spoiler

TLJ was shit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Anyway. nobody here is making racist remarks about Rose Tico. All that is argued about is the character.

If you wanna reply to the ones who are being racist go to twitter. Here you have to post arguments.

It's easier to attack a bigoted strawman.

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What I want is another reboot but this time with more planning and actual talent behind it.

Talent doesn't get better than a DGA award winning director and the director of the two best episodes of one of the best TV shows of all time.

Hope you get your reboot though. Lol

17 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Anyway. nobody here is making racist remarks about Rose Tico. All that is argued about is the character.

If you wanna reply to the ones who are being racist go to twitter. Here you have to post arguments.

And nobody said anybody here is making racist remarks.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1