Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think the last season is gonna make people mad. i can feel it coming. excited for that

The night king kills jon snow and daenerys then he attacks kings landing only to get wiped out by wildfire.  Arya tries to kill Cersei in disguise but is intercepted by The Mountain and has her head crushed like a melon.

6 hours ago, Premium George said:

This season of GoT will be trash but all the hype around makes it entertaining. Don't know what will be the next superhit show after this or if any show will this popular again worldwide.

I'd like to see that LOTR amazon show be the successor to GOT, but not counting on it.

4 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

That is a great question, only TWD has come close in the last few years. But that show has faded recently whereas GoT only got more popular and acclaimed every season.

The first four seasons of The Walking Dead were pretty great, but then it fell of a cliff after that.  Its remarkably bad now.

Edited by Ozymandias

52 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'd like to see that LOTR amazon show be the successor to GOT, but not counting on it.

A Wheel of Time show that is actually good would make GOT look like playing with legos in terms of scale of some parts.

But I remain skeptical of it being pulled off. At the minimum a decent number of plot/character elements would need to be tweaked to head off the barrage of thinkpieces.

11 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

-Watchmen (HBO)

After how bad the ratings were for The Leftovers, I'm not sure how big this will be. Quality is gonna be great at the very least.

Also, did Amazon's billion dollar investment on LOTR include the costs that will be put into the production of the show? Or just the rights?

Those new Disney+ shows could be the next big GoT like event? Star Wars/Marvel are big brands, and they're getting big movie stars for those roles.

12 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

A Wheel of Time show that is actually good would make GOT look like playing with legos in terms of scale of some parts.

But I remain skeptical of it being pulled off. At the minimum a decent number of plot/character elements would need to be tweaked to head off the barrage of thinkpieces.

Amazon is making it and if they can pull it off people will watch 80 million books sales shows a built in audience.

Wheel of Time could replace game of thrones but the budget would have to be huge 

I mean how else do you show this 

9c53190f-9934-49ea-8658-951c7a812410

Edited by boomboom234

2 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

Amazon is making it and if they can pull it off people will watch 80 million books sales shows a built in audience.

Wheel of Time could replace game of thrones but the budget would have to be huge 

I mean how else do you show this 

9c53190f-9934-49ea-8658-951c7a812410

The budget for the final season alone would probably have to be comparable with current marvel/DC/star wars films to adequately capture the scope.

49 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Bezos will have to dig deep if he wants it to be good 

I have no idea how you tackle the final battle that altogether takes up about a third of the book (that one 200+ page chapter....) using episode format.

30 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I have no idea how you tackle the final battle that altogether takes up about a third of the book (that one 200+ page chapter....) using episode format.

It honestly would have to be a movie just an extended tv block. I mean for it to get there it would have to be at least 8 seasons and the audience would be invested by then but damn that final battle makes the LOTR look like a snowball fight 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Reading this over the think pieces would be amazing so so funny imagine the reaction to the damane or even to “ kneel before the lord dragon or you will be knelt” sites like jezebel would lose it

5 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Reading this over the think pieces would be amazing so so funny imagine the reaction to the damane or even to “ kneel before the lord dragon or you will be knelt” sites like jezebel would lose it

Not even getting to the love-quadrangle.

Can't wait for the first second A2 comes out so that Avatar can officially be the highest grossing per movie franchise of all time. $1.4B average without the second even making a dime. :Gaga:

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1