Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 6/6/2017 at 11:15 PM, Harpospoke said:

If Superman is ever going to be what fans like me want him to be (i.e. like Wonder Woman is), he will definitely have to get past his pessimistic parents.   If that happens, it will prove they gave him bad advice and turned him into emo Supes.   Maybe in his 3rd movie appearance he can get over what his parents taught him.

Hopefully :). Just like Batman apparently modified thanks to Sup's sacrifice, Sup looking at JL members ought to transform himself too. Also, now there is a team to share his burden and that should lighten him. Coming back from dead and being reborn can be symbolic of this too.

• Like 1

I fast-forward to the last page and I see the old "casualties" argument from Man of Steel, I mean really?  It's 2017.  Not only has this been addressed several times on here but they even address it in Batman v. Superman...  it's pretty much the entire plot.  Superman is in his first real fight ever after 30+ years of flying under the radar and he's fighting multiple warrior level Kryptonians.  Some people died, so what?  A lot more people were saved not just throughout the entire film but also at the end where Superman saves the PLANET?? Yes, some people criticized him, others worshiped him, he has his detractors, he's trying to figure it out..  Bruce has every reason to be cautious and upset but ultimately he realizes humanity NEEDS Clark etc...  

Why is this so hard to figure out? Superman is going to be reborn most likely as more of the boy scout that we all grew up with, him facing adversity in the early years is I guess a controversial take on the character but it's one I welcomed.  They redid the Donner films with Superman Returns. It didn't really work out too well.  Why not try something a little different.  Audiences liked Man of Steel more than SR. This is all documented.  

Plus, people still arguing over casualties when in the MCU.. Civil War is a very similar plot..  you have incidents that have occurred with casualties and it's being addressed with the accords etc.  just like in Batman v. Superman,  same thing.  

One thing I find funny about these arguments is that you'll see everyone from the MCU, directors, past directors,  Gunn, Whedon, actresses/actors, all giving props on social media to Wonder Woman right?  You see Feige and Johns doing a tribute to Donner..  everyone is friendly between both studios.  

And yet,  the fans still think there's a war going on...   It's laughable.   Meanwhile,  Disney and WB are bathing in riches.  

• Like 5

I'm just gonna keep it at this because I don't wanna devolve into repeating myself or sounding like a blind fanboy w/agendas or whatever.

I think it has been addressed a million times why it still doesn't work in 2017. If we discuss Batman miraculously surviving a nuke at the end of TDKR, does it work now because it didn't back in 2012? No, not at all. BVS addressing it is a pat on the back for BVS itself, not a cure of MOS' problems (it only confirms the existance of those problems). Superman saved Earth, no one's gonna take that away from him, I simply feel that he could've done a better job. And again, being a rookie doesn't make you dumb enough to not remember to drive this one threat - and I'm talking only about the Zod one-on-one fight, not when he's fighting all of those Kryptonians at once - away from the civilization. But whatever.

MOS is more well liked than Superman Returns on a whole, yes. For me personally, I honestly think SR got the spirit of the character more right. Is it a good movie? Nope, but it's not because Superman didn't punch anything, it's a myriad of other problems. Is it better than MOS? Probably not, but again, it's not because Superman punches a lot of stuff, it's because one just gets slightly more right as a film than the other. They're both in the same league for me.

And regarding the MCU, point #1: there's a difference between a one-on-one fight (Supes and Zod at the end of MOS), and 6-8 people vs. an army of maybe hundreds (which is what happened in The Avengers and Ultron, and even in the solo movies, there's a much greater numerical threat and a usually smaller scale of destruction anyway); and point #2: more often than not, it's not the Avengers' faults anyway (and technically, this also applies to Zod, but Superman only made it worse... while the Avengers at least have been seen trying to protect civilian lives, and yeah, they've also caused their fair share of wreckage, but nowhere near on the same scale as Supes) - except everything about the Ultron debacle, which, along w/the Wakanda explosion, should've been the catalyst for Civil War on its own, not all of those incidents at once.

Whatever. Btw, this is not a war by any means. I love both my babies (Marvel and DC) equally. I'm just discussing these as MOVIES - superhero movies, more especifically, and why I think some of these work and some others don't for me, personally. My point of view here, plain and simple.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, Napoleon said:

What makes DC fans angry about the MOS criticism is that people keep referring to the Christopher Reeve's Superman as the "original" Superman, when the source material for MOS is the comics. People shouldn't act like they know the whole history of the character and they shouldn't have the arrogance to say Snyder's movies are not faithful to the "real" Superman. It's easy to understand why there's endless online fight about it.

Exactly. Anyone who complains that Cavill's Superman isn't true to the character must not have read a Superman comic published after the Silver Age.

I think we should just move on from the DCEU argument because things seem to be getting a little too heated, now.

Can't we all just collectively love The Lego Batman Movie instead? I think we can.

I'll be damned if I didn't want a Lego Superman or a Lego Justice League after that. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say that I'd like to see a Lego Marvel/DC crossover (since, technically, Marvel does kinda exist in the Lego Batman universe, and technically, WB does own the rights to Marvel videogames so maybe they can stretch it...?).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think we should just move on from the DCEU argument because things seem to be getting a little too heated, now.

Can't we all just collectively love The Lego Batman Movie instead? I think we can.

I'll be damned if I didn't want a Lego Superman or a Lego Justice League after that. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say that I'd like to see a Lego Marvel/DC crossover (since, technically, Marvel does kinda exist in the Lego Batman universe, and technically, WB does own the rights to Marvel videogames so maybe they can stretch it...?).

That's good and all, but how about Avatar though?

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

That's good and all, but how about Avatar though?

Lego Avatar? Could work, I guess.

Though I'd prefer a Lego Avatar: The Last Airbender to come out and redeem the shit that Shyamalan created. Now THAT's a pitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

I fast-forward to the last page and I see the old "casualties" argument from Man of Steel, I mean really?  It's 2017.  Not only has this been addressed several times on here but they even address it in Batman v. Superman...  it's pretty much the entire plot.  Superman is in his first real fight ever after 30+ years of flying under the radar and he's fighting multiple warrior level Kryptonians.  Some people died, so what?   

Exactly the problem with many Hollywood spectacles these days...funny how we went full circle in fifteen years, post-Sept. 11th, when, for a brief time, no one in Hollywood wanted to touch anything to do with skyscrapers and death...to now, where it seems so nonchalant... which is why the best moment in MoS is when "Jenny" nearly dies and Perry White stays there holding her hand.  That moment is, to me, more moving than anything else in the film.  Humanity. 

Edited by Macleod

47 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

With that new Black Panther poster, one thing's for certain:

Warner Brother's DC marketing team is leagues ahead of Marvel Studios'

Still don't understand why they couldn't just take a picture of him on set, sitting on the throne 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fielding said:

Exactly. Anyone who complains that Cavill's Superman isn't true to the character must not have read a Superman comic published after the Silver Age.

As someone who has never actually read a silver age Superman comic, that's categorically not true.

20 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Still don't understand why they couldn't just take a picture of him on set, sitting on the throne 

Even something as simple as this shot,

the-avengers-age-of-ultron-prime-screens

only w/the Black Panther suit and the mask in his hand would be far more effective.

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Exactly the problem with many Hollywood spectacles these days...funny how we went full circle in fifteen years, post-Sept. 11th, when, for a brief time, no one in Hollywood wanted to touch anything to do with skyscrapers and death...to now, where it seems so nonchalant... which is why the best moment in MoS is when "Jenny" nearly dies and Perry White stays there holding her hand.  That moment is, to me, more moving than anything else in the film.  Humanity. 

It's every big blockbuster,  MCU has the same storyline. To address the other guy, Superman wasn't fighting just Zod, it was all the kryptonians plus the tera formers. 

Man of Steel was always unfairly  criticized and singled out.

• Like 1

If that "other guy" was me, and it really can only be, then, again, I was singling out just the Superman/Zod one-on-one fight and the damage caused in that part, not what came before it. And before you say it, yes, there was A LOT of damage just from that bit alone, not all of it was the World Engine.

Moving right along.....

Comic book movies of '17 so far: Logan > WW > GOTG V2 > Lego Bats

2 hours ago, Nova said:

When did I say that? I said the film would have a 2.8-2.9x. I didn't know a 2.8-2.9x for a super hero movie indicated bad WOM :thinking:

But I know how you work....you live in this alternate reality where you can't tell when someone is trolling or not, which is ironic because you're the ultimate troll, and take everything at face value. Then you comeback and try to throw it in people's faces but really what happens is it just blows up in your face. Rinse and repeat. 

And just remember...if you want likes, make quality posts. 

The only one trolling here is you, who's trying to make WW looks less impressive than it is. You even made an Eyez On Me over WW club on third weekend.

Source: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24127-tupac-taking-down-wondie-all-eyez-on-me-over-wonder-woman-3rd-weekend/

Apart of this, there's no coherence you agree that WOM will be "just fine" and say that expected it to make 2.8x-2.9x, in 2017 and opening over $100m.

Source: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24101-what-a-wonderful-weekend-ww-down-only-16-on-sunday-103m-weekend-pg-226/?do=findComment&comment=3034008

Can you explain me how this is "just fine"?

Now that you noticed that you aren't receiving likes being a WW hater, you're trying to ask for apologies posting things like this:

""People are getting offended because I said it's overhyped and forgettable....that doesn't mean I think it's bad or anything. It simply just doesn't do anything and if you probably ask folks they'll have forgotten it even came out ie forgettable."""

And this:
""Wonder Woman is here to show all those who like to argue mercilessly that BvS and SS were well received, how a well received DC movie behaves. 

$300M+ confirmed now and a 3x+ confirmed as well"""

And, please, stop defaming me saying that I only talk shit.
I said WW was locked to do $100m OW, I predicted $2.5m/$32m to Mummy and $480m OS to GotG2. I don't know how these things are shit.