Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

TLJ hate is still strong with so many. 

It is a solid movie on many fronts. I've never seen such tirades and cliches that make so many look like the parent living basement dwellers of the stereotype than over TLJ. 

That's because you're projecting. If you weren't, you'd probably break down some points and prove them wrong. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

That's because you're projecting. If you weren't, you'd probably break down some points and prove them wrong. 

Its been done across the Net. I don't have the keystrokes to waste on those who've made up their minds that it is the franchise killer film. 

I've been on forums long enough to know when not to waste anymore time than necessary. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

TLJ hate is still strong with so many. 

It is a solid movie on many fronts. I've never seen such tirades and cliches that make so many look like the parent living basement dwellers of the stereotype than over TLJ. 

I am sure there are parent living basement dwellers who like TLJ too

or maybe you can stick to idiotic stereotypes to make yourself feel better. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Its been done across the Net. I don't have the keystrokes to waste on those who've made up their minds that it is the franchise killer film. 

I've been on forums long enough to know when not to waste anymore time than necessary. 

So is this the reason you decided to come to this forum and be an asshole to people who happen to have a different opinion?
Are you sure it's not because of some sort of insecurity you have about your intelligence or so?

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
April 5, 2019 - Shazam!
April 12, 2019 - Hellboy
April 26, 2019 - Avengers: Endgame
June 7, 2019 - Dark Phoenix
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
August 2, 2019 - New Mutants
October 4, 2019 - Joker

650 million

400 million

200 million

1,9 billion

Won't be released

800 million

Won't be released 

600 million

Anyways Star Wars IX will gross 1,2 billion at the boxoffice - even if the movie is good. TLJ  has alienated so much of the fanbase already. Also LUCASFILM is useless they are completely lost and just throwing random movies out. It's their own fault really... Star Wars could have been a massive cinematic universe ala MCU, but instead they chose to focus on the same boring ass rebellion/empire story line with the same unimaginative desert planets. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

We'll see...

Iger hinted that these films won’t be released under the traditional Marvel or Disney banner. The company will make it an effort to ensure it is “carefully branding [R-rated films]…so we’re not in any way confusing the consumer,” Iger said.

Always been my guess, the only important metric is that no Disney movie never do anything ever about anything, to be sure no one between 7 and 77 is ever offended, that you can bring everyone to a Disney movie without thinking, reading, looking anything knowing full well there will never be any moment of incomfort because an 8 year's old or a 75 year's grand mother old is in the room. If it is not branded has a Disney movie it does not matter, it is just that the movie business had a terrible ROI for Disney and a waste of money for them, now that franchise R-rated are a thing, they could be interested.

Disney will not make / release R-rated movies, Disney own arm will.

2 hours ago, DAR said:

You’re aware Disney used this have divisions called Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures and Miramax, all of which produced R rated films .

Yes, I'm aware of all that. 

"But that was in the past..."

:qotd:

Edited by Macleod

On 2/3/2019 at 12:32 AM, IronJimbo said:

What a hideous scene, visually bland and technically amatuer.

When will Feige and the other execs at Marvel stop using shitty second unit directors for action sequences? Let the directors do their own thing. The GOTG movies have the best action sequences in the whole franchise and that is because Gunn directed them and not some second unit director. I guess Winter Soldier does too (which I think used second unit directors for most of the action scenes but that would still just be an exception).

The upcoming Black Widow movie is going to be even worse because ScarJo insists on using stunt doubles for almost everything related to the action.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Macleod said:

Disney Promises Marvel Will Keep Making R-Rated ‘Deadpool’ Movies

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/disney-deadpool-marvel-r-rated-1203129498/

We'll see...

Marvel properties that I'd love to see in R-rated films:

The Night Shift (Shroud, Dansen Macabre, Misfit, Gypsy Moth, and the Brothers Grimm)

Swamp Thing

The Thunderbolts

Son of Satan and Satana