Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I'm very confused these days...  I've watched both Shazam and Captain Marvel and loved both of them.  My inner fanboy demons are at each other's throat  trying to establish dominance over one another.  My MCU demon (lovingly called Doctor Captain Thanos of the Galaxy) has been gathering infinity kidney stones to pummel my DCEU demon (adequately called Wonder Man of Suicide League) who's been putting together some Father Cardboxes to repel the MCU invaders.  

Meanwhile, my Star Wars fanboy demon (Darth Jar Jar) is just sitting on the sideline eating pop corn while my Deadpool fanboy demon (Colonel Deadpool) has been commenting the whole fight and live streaming it through Twitch.tv.  

Anyway,  go Team EO17CU !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LordNox said:

Shazam is the real Captain Marvel, he was created in the 1930s, decades before anyone else with that name.

Shazam being the real Captain Marvel does not on the other hand make him more popular than current Captain Marvel. Being the first and the real one does not equal popularity.

And ironic that you are so happy about Shazam failing in many countries when Zachary Levi spoke so many great words to people about Brie Larson and told people to love her movie, Brie Larson on the other hand did not return the favour and Shazam being a much smaller movie probably needed that more than the other way around.

The trend is that people involved with DC always praise Marvel while most people involved with Marvel engage more in endulging their fanboys by talking crap about DC. DC actors are always very respectful to Marvel, while the other side feels the need to hype up their fanbase by hating on DC.

Huh.. That's why Brie Larson praise Wonder Woman so much. Go look at her tweets during Wonder Woman release, she was praising it so much. 

She praise ld Wonder Woman in her CM interview. 

If I am right Zack Synder took dig on Thor and Ant Man 

David Ayer at comic con said FUCK MARVEL 

Kevin Feige never said anything bad about DC

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

50 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Huh.. That's why Brie Larson praise Wonder Woman so much. Go look at her tweets during Wonder Woman release, she was praising it so much. 

She praise ld Wonder Woman in her CM interview. 

If I am right Zack Synder took dig on Thor and Ant Man 

David Ayer at comic con said FUCK MARVEL 

Kevin Feige never said anything bad about DC

Robert Downey Jr ridiculed Dark knight. Hemsworth And Brolin ridiculed DC. The lead actors are the faces of the franchise and the faces of Marvel are really scatering in their attacks on DC. Probably because its a good way to rile up their DC hating fanbase into a frenzy.

2 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Robert Downey Jr ridiculed Dark knight. Hemsworth And Brolin ridiculed DC. The lead actors are the faces of the franchise and the faces of Marvel are really scatering in their attacks on DC. Probably because its a good way to rile up their DC hating fanbase into a frenzy.

they ridiculed dc cause batman v superman is an utter piece of shit

• Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

they ridiculed dc cause batman v superman is an utter piece of shit

So Downey Jr hated on Nolan's Dark knight because of BvS when his comments came years before BvS being released? The faces of the MCU hate on DC movies because they know their fanbase enjoys comments that hate and ridicule DC. Had they said anything good about a DC movie the MCU fanbase would come out hard against it.

12 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Brolin has actually worked with DC and it was a fucking disaster so he probably has more credibility on that front than you lmao

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Brolin has actually worked with DC and it was a fucking disaster so he probably has more credibility on that front than you lmao

So because Brolin made one DC movie that sucked it means every DC movie made the last 30 years also sucked? Probably sounds like logical reasoning for an MCU fanboy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LordNox said:

So because Brolin made one DC movie that sucked it means every DC movie made the last 30 years also sucked? Probably sounds like logical reasoning for an MCU fanboy.

He was talking about his experience with Marvel vs. DC, which is totally valid given his DC film is one of the biggest bombs ever while IW made $2 billion so... calm down maybe?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The only good fandom left is us Star Wars fans

You’ve got to be joking me. How easily we forget.    

Pikachu fandom hasn’t done anything toxic yet though :) 

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

He was talking about his experience with Marvel vs. DC, which is totally valid given his DC film is one of the biggest bombs ever while IW made $2 billion so... calm down maybe?

And i guess Robert Downey Jr hating on the Dark knight was because its an overrated DC movie and not a Marvel masterpiece like Iron Man?

7 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The only good fandom left is us Star Wars fans

Ah yes, the Star Wars fans that whined and complained and harassed cast/crew members for a year and a half because they didn’t like a Star Wars movie.  What a wonderful group of people Star Wars fans are.

• Like 1

The Brie Larson controversy/hate train wasn't started by DC fans. They just jumped on the bandwagon because it was fun to see Marvel having to deal with that for a change. DC fans have WB executives, Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon as the target of their hate for the past couple of years now. They really don't care about Marvel (I'm talking about the real DC fans, of course).

Personally, I applaud the success Marvel is having with Infinity War/Endgame, because that's exactly the type of thing Zack Snyder was planning for the DCEU, but WB got scared to go forward with it.