Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Making your opinion facts is such dramatic. There are many people out there who love CM just because you found it Medicore doesn't change a thing. 

Make as many conspiracy theories as you want. 

When CM2 outgross CM we will talk again. 

It won't be riding the coattails of IW and Endgame so that's not happening

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It will be the 4th highest grossing for a solo superhero film and 2nd highest for a solo superhero debut film.  That is pretty high grossing if you ask me.

Medium high, maybe. To compare to the other movies @ZeeSoh brought up:

SM1 — Metacritic 73, RT 7.64, highest DOM rank #5

TDK — 84, 8.58, #2

IM1 — 79, 7.7, #21

TA — 69, 8.05, #3

DP — 65, 7.02, #30 (these metrics don’t quite capture the positive response or Deadpool, R-rated comedy rather than action blockbuster)

To compare the domestically successful recent comics books without a sequel yet:

BP — 88, 8.26, #3  (truly upper tier along with SM1, TDK, TA, sequel almost locked to fall)  

WW — 76, 7.65, #20

CM — 64, 6.78, roughly will be #24 at best

And as Rebecca says, GotG is a good example of one is a somewhat similar situation that increased without an Avengers boost.

GotG — 76, 7.77, #31

The reviews that CM got are well-deserved: it is lower tier MCU that got higher tier box office thanks to being perceived and marketed as a must-see bridge to Endgame. There is no shame in being mediocre; at least MCU stans can rejoice in the fact that it grossed a billion dollar, despite being utterly forgettable.

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This isn't remotely about singling out DCEU vs MCU, but we're back to that fun place where we can't mention an MCU and DCEU movie in the same sentence or its a franchise war, so here we go:

Wish CM wasn't going to pass GOTG2 and WW DOM. It's one of the most thoroughly mediocre films the studio has put out so far. 

The immense financial success of CM is a testament to the brand potency of the MCU, the markeing genius of Feige and Co. and the audience loyalty that Marvel has cultivated over a great run of mostly critically acclaimed films. If CM had gotten a Wonder Woman-level of critical acclaim, and had it had any scene even half as memorable and emotionally resonant as WW's No Man's Land, I am utterly convinced it would have grossed 500 million in the US. As it stands, it will be soon forgotten as the kind of MCU film (Thor 2, Dr. Strange, Ultron, Hulk) that all MCU stans have in their collection but that they never re-watch.

Absolutely embarassing for Shazam! Haha! I say flopzam with absolute glee and happiness in my heart! The film is a flop! The film will make so little money. It's like one of us spending 150 dollars gambling all night and making five dollars! What a waste of time and effort. Oh and for those saying the budget is low, it's anywhere from 120 to 175 million, production and marketing included. WB ain't telling so you can keep saying it's low. This film will make less domestic and worldwide than freaking Superman Returns from 2006!

Look at the audience reviews, much more muted than the experts. 88 on rotten tomatoes. 7.7 on imdb. Sorry critics who are obsessed with jokes and humour and joy, your opinions don't matter! Screw WB and DC, maybe you need Superman after all you dumb pricks.

Also, people thought flopzam would make 300 domestic and over 1 billion worldwide hahahaha! It won't even hit 500 worldwide. WB will get cold feet as they always do because they're chicken shit and cancel Shazam 2 and Black Adam will never happen. Yes! I am so happy WB is suffering! 🤣

• ...wtf 2

8 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

Absolutely embarassing for Shazam! Haha! I say flopzam with absolute glee and happiness in my heart! The film is a flop! The film will make so little money. It's like one of us spending 150 dollars gambling all night and making five dollars! What a waste of time and effort. Oh and for those saying the budget is low, it's anywhere from 120 to 175 million, production and marketing included. WB ain't telling so you can keep saying it's low. This film will make less domestic and worldwide than freaking Superman Returns from 2006!

Look at the audience reviews, much more muted than the experts. 88 on rotten tomatoes. 7.7 on imdb. Sorry critics who are obsessed with jokes and humour and joy, your opinions don't matter! Screw WB and DC, maybe you need Superman after all you dumb pricks.

Also, people thought flopzam would make 300 domestic and over 1 billion worldwide hahahaha! It won't even hit 500 worldwide. WB will get cold feet as they always do because they're chicken shit and cancel Shazam 2 and Black Adam will never happen. Yes! I am so happy WB is suffering! 🤣

Stop it, Matthew!! LOL :hahaha:

• Like 1

Just now, Warmaster506 said:

What is the worst fan base on the board all-time?

-MCU

-DCEU

-Star Wars

-Lord of the Rings

-Harry Potter

-Pirates of the Caribbean

-Cameron fans

Who takes it?

Johnny Depp fans.

Once you find out there's people who actually defend an abuser, and harass his victim online, you see that fighting about franchises is completely fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

What is the worst fan base on the board all-time?

-MCU

-DCEU

-Star Wars

-Lord of the Rings

-Harry Potter

-Pirates of the Caribbean

-Cameron fans

Who takes it?

All of the fanboys are equally shitty. There’s a huge difference from being a fan and a fanboy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Johnny Depp fans.

Once you find out there's people who actually defend an abuser, and harass his victim online, you see that fighting about franchises is completely fine.

Funny you should mention that. Isn't he suing her for defamation with a decent amount of evidence disproving basically all of the charges?

Edited by Ledmonkey96

1 hour ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Funny you should mention that. Isn't he suing her for defamation with a decent amount of evidence disproving basically all of the charges?

Because she is in Aquaman he has to defend her. Basically Amber Heard's first ex boyfriend also complained about her behavior that she beat him. I think the main reason she is doing this is because she wants money and Depp had lot of money

Moderation 

A reminder. As long as you don’t abuse or insult others anyone is free to express their opinion in this thread. This includes comparing the merits of various franchises. 

However, don’t get too repetitive stating the same opinion. 

“Not Cool” is your friend in this thread. 

NIRD be with you. 

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 1

Is Captain Marvel being helped by End Game?

Without question, it would never continue to maintain the level of holds and would have fallen a lot faster.

However, DC fans sound like delusional butt hurt trolls comparing it to Ant Man which will end up being 600 million under WW. Black Panther was aided by an unfathomable DOM run and an amazing introduction in Civil War. It has close to zero chance of repeating the same DOM success but despite both it still would have done near 1 billion even with 350 million less DOM. BP 2 is a near lock for 1+ billion again, this time with more coming from overseas.

Captain Marvel was not as refined as Wonder Woman, the plot had some issues and frankly the substance wasn't as strong. That said, it was not as slow either and gripped the audience better in some aspects and worse in others. It was more uplifting and less depressing. I love Wonder Woman, in fact it's one of my favorite CBMs ever.

Captain Marvel 2 will have an even bigger budget, better script, and even more resources. Sure it might fall overall but there is a good chance it still does a billion or more. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I would love to see what GotG2 could have done releasing in the current hype level MCU is in. That OW was a bit underwhelming, but then the legs for it were great for a CBM sequel. I think GotG2 was the movie that really kickstarted the hype building that has led to where we are. The AoU, Ant-Man, CW, and DS stretch I feel like was met with a lot of decent, but maybe a bit tepid reception that was causing the franchise to wane in popularity.

It's really GotG2, HC, Ragnarok, BP, and IW that has built the hype to this absurd level, and CM is getting the luckiest of any MCU film to date in terms of the boost it's getting from that, imo. Release it in the pre-GotG2 stretch and I bet it pulls DS numbers at best. 

GOTG2's problem was that while it was good, it was worse than the original in every way. My initial reaction to it was meh it's ok. After I rewatched I felt it was much better but still way behind the first.

Releasing Captain Marvel before those would have made no sense, only an idiot would have done so. 

Edited by cdsacken

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Why not give Superman to David F. Sandberg? He did such a great job with Shazam. 

Hopefully Sandberg will be busy with Shazam! sequels since he did so well the first time around.

Give Superman to Paul King!! It would be the best film ever!