Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

Also, here's the thing, if they just have Battinson in the present day and they just ignore BvS and JL, the audiences won't care about the continuity as long as the movies are good.

Reeves is already doing that. He's also ignoring WW, Harley, Aquaman etc

1 hour ago, Dbui8743 said:

really hope he does not.

He is, and it's fairly obvious when Batman and Commissioner Gordon, likely among others, are re-cast. Like, how is this even a question?

I'm on board with it too. Batman is like Spider-Man in that he can adequately exist in his own universe, as cool as it is to have him interact with other DC characters. Just have Reeves do his own thing with the world of Batman, except hopefully he expands it more than Nolan did with just a trilogy. In fact, Batman can be a cinematic universe unto itself because it doesn't just have to be Batman movies. They could do other movies based on other characters and events within his world. For instance, it would be awesome if Joker existed in that universe and essentially got things started.

If we actually got an entire darker, film noir Batman cinematic universe then I think I'd die.

Edited by JB33

18 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

I'm glad JOKER showed that joker can exist without Batman. Too many people in the comic book fandom that thought otherwise. Glad they were proven wrong. When together, both elevate one another. But they can exist alone.

What about if both characters (Arthur Fleck and Batman) never co-exist but the Joker film existed in the universe of Reeves' Batman film(s)?

DC got something with this 'Elseworlds' idea.  I wouldn't expect every movie to reach the massive heights of Joker but they can take chances and do some interesting things. 

One thing is for sure,  now that Joker with a hard R is so massive it will restore some faith in upcoming DC projects that are not family friendly.  I like it when DC plays with different tones.  Batman can be pretty dark,  Joker can be real dark but Shazam or even Aquaman or Wonder Woman don't have to be at all.  There's room for everything. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

DC got something with this 'Elseworlds' idea.  I wouldn't expect every movie to reach the massive heights of Joker but they can take chances and do some interesting things. 

One thing is for sure,  now that Joker with a hard R is so massive it will restore some faith in upcoming DC projects that are not family friendly.  I like it when DC plays with different tones.  Batman can be pretty dark,  Joker can be real dark but Shazam or even Aquaman or Wonder Woman don't have to be at all.  There's room for everything. 

Yep, pretty much. Actually, WB's situation is unique in that they seem to have TWO good things going. On one hand they've been successful lately with their more family friendly/4-quadrant DCEU films (Wonder WomanAquamanShazam), while on the other hand the dark, gritty and controversial Joker is doing gangbusters!

If I were Warner Bros. I'd think about going ahead with two different DC slates: the newly improved DCEU with their otherworldly heroes, and a dark, mature Batman universe (a dark and mature tone just suits Batman). It doesn't even have to be just Batman, but a more mature DC universe, period (ie. they could do a Lex Luthor film in the vein of Joker and have it exist in this universe). I think there's enough audience to go around for both.

I guess I just really, really want to see what WB and Matt Reeves have in store with The Batman in 2021. Ugh, such a long wait.

Edited by JB33

I would love for Batman to be its own cinematic universe. I feel like the dark tone doesn't fit with the rest of the DC characters.  They should reboot the DCEU and pretend that Wonder Woman was the first movie..  Imagine a justice league with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam + whatever else they had coming up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikee11 said:

does anyone else

jfmh9pc8xws31.jpg

lol

So liking TLJ means you are a good person and if you dislike it you are a Trump voter...

Starting to think TLJ fans are to be blamed for the toxicity around that film as well 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I like the Ant-Man franchise but I would have thought Ant-Man 3 would have been a low priority compared to a Captain Marvel 2 or GOTG Vol 3. Considering Feige didn't even mention Ant-Man 3 at SDCC I still don't think it's coming until 2023 the earliest. 

It's already been confirmed for 2022. CM I gather will be 2023

Re: Batman v Superman

Can we all at the least, even if it is the only thing, agree that the ONE and may only good thing about BvS is that it gave us Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? Would anyone agree with me that that is a near universal agreement point?

If a second then Mamoa as Aquaman?

Both those solo films were a lot of fun despite the film both characters were intro'd in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JB33 said:

What about if both characters (Arthur Fleck and Batman) never co-exist but the Joker film existed in the universe of Reeves' Batman film(s)?

I think that would become odd. It's better if the character just existed solely and was not predated by another.

7 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

lol

So liking TLJ means you are a good person and if you dislike it you are a Trump voter...

Starting to think TLJ fans are to be blamed for the toxicity around that film as well 

Well, it sort of balances out the extreme TLJ Haters....