Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Before IW/EG:

Avengers 1 is the ceiling. There's to many movies already. The GA won't be able to watch them all.  It's to limiting. 

After IW/EG = They broke records because of all the previous movies!!!!!

Before Avatar.. No one will ever beat titanic

Martin Scorcese doesn't believe in the power of human imagination & human ingenuity.

It is his prerogative.

May I remind you Stan Lee was afraid to tell what he was doing for a living at New York parties in the 60's/ 70's/80's because of people like Martin Scorcese that used the same arguments, the same rhetorics, the same condescending & patronizing attitude.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I am afraid. 

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Marty clarifies his Marvel comments, turns out they weren't even that negative after all (what a shock)

EGwuWOXWsAE2-6V.jpg

I mean, I guess this sounds slightly better but that last sentence still shows his elistist mindset. Cinema is not one thing or another, cinema includes every kind of movie. I'd say it's unfortunate that he can't see that but whatever.... I can't say I particularly care what he thinks. 

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Martin Scorcese doesn't believe in the power of human imagination & human ingenuity.

It is his prerogative.

May I remind you Stan Lee was afraid to tell what he was doing for a living at New York parties in the 60's/ 70's/80's because of people like Martin Scorcese that used the same arguments, the same rhetorics, the same condescending & patronizing attitude.

This may be your best post...ever. Wow. 😂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It is his prerogative.

who hacked futurists account

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

"Theaters have become amusement parks."

I mean, haven't they always been in a sense? We have to pay a (much, much more affordable compared to the likes of Disney or Universal) ticket to go in and then see the attraction of our choosing.

Les Freres Lumieres first screenings were at fairs and traveling  circuses yes.

Edited by The Futurist

After the huge success of Joker (following the huge success of The Dark Knight trilogy, Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman; and the massive failure of Green Lantern, Josstice League and Shazam) it's not possible that WB haven't figured out what audiences expect from DC movies.

It's too late now to cancel the Suicide Squad sequel, just let James Gunn do his thing, dump it in theaters, take the loss and move on.

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After the huge success of Joker (following the huge success of The Dark Knight trilogy, Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman; and the massive failure of Green Lantern, Josstice League and Shazam) it's not possible that WB haven't figured out what audiences expect from DC movies.

It's too late now to cancel the Suicide Squad sequel, just let James Gunn do his thing, dump it in theaters, take the loss and move on.

Does success mean a big box office or actual profits or being well received? Cause in the end Shazam will probably end up making WB the same as BvS and MOS did so I don’t see how Shazam is a failure to you and those movies aren’t. Shazam’s budget was like a third of BvS and MOS was probably close to a 250m budget (if not more). And Shazam was received better by critics/audiences. 

All three of the movies didn’t make WB what they expected but I’m sure they were fine with the risk for Shazam. 

And this is coming from someone who loves all of those movies. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What do audiences expect, exactly? Because I think it's safe to say that Wonder Woman and Aquaman have more in common with MCU movies than a DC movie like Joker. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Isn’t it because of BVS mistakes, JL flopped and we are getting films like Joker?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

What do audiences expect, exactly? Because I think it's safe to say that Wonder Woman and Aquaman have more in common with MCU movies than a DC movie like Joker. 

Agreed they are nothing like the Joker. That's not a template to use. Different actor and slightly different reception and it's 600m we or less.

It's wonderful that it's done so well but it's not going to a different type of comic genre. It was very unique to Joker. Phoneix just delivered.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Agreed they are nothing like the Joker. That's not a template to use. Different actor and slightly different reception and it's 600m we or less.

It's wonderful that it's done so well but it's not going to a different type of comic genre. It was very unique to Joker. Phoneix just delivered.

Joker is doing phenomenally on its own but you can't replicate that for every DC movie. After all not every actor is Phoenix. Honestly I think they're doing fine as is. It's better for the genre to have DC and Marvel occupying different niches where DC does its own thing instead of rushing to create a sprawling interconnected universe (although I'm sure that will come later).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Menor said:

Joker is doing phenomenally on its own but you can't replicate that for every DC movie. After all not every actor is Phoenix. Honestly I think they're doing fine as is. It's better for the genre to have DC and Marvel occupying different niches where DC does its own thing instead of rushing to create a sprawling interconnected universe (although I'm sure that will come later).

Agreed and darker type will work. Except for Flash that is a guaranteed bomb incoming.

• ...wtf 1

I don't see how Marvel has apparently become this horrible evil that's ruining cinema. Like Scorcese has a movie he's executive producing ruling the box office currently, one he's directed on the way to the Oscars, but he's rallying the troops to get theater owners to boycott screening Marvel films?

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see how Marvel has apparently become this horrible evil that's ruining cinema. Like Scorcese has a movie he's executive producing ruling the box office currently, one he's directed on the way to the Oscars, but he's rallying the troops to get theater owners to boycott screening Marvel films?

When did he call for a boycott on Marvel movies?