Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Civil War was a Captain America v Iron Man movie, with almost all the Avengers in it as well. It made less than Iron Man 3.

Because IM3 came off the success and hype of the first Avengers movie where-as Civil War came out after the disappointing Age of Ultron. Civil War turning things around was a bigger shock to me than the Jokers performance today.

28 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Spot on .. nobody was expecting $1 B for Aquaman solo origin story .. in Asia movie over-performed usually DC has weak market there but this movie changed a lot things .. now expecting massive numbers for Aquaman2

People will then say random Star Wars film will bury Aquaman 2..😄

This time next year they will say Joker making a billion was no surprise  and was expected ....:redcapes:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Because IM3 came off the success and hype of the first Avengers movie where-as Civil War came out after the disappointing Age of Ultron. Civil War turning things around was a bigger shock to me than the Jokers performance today.

People wanted Thanos.....no one cared for heroes fighting each other or random evil A.I robots.....

Marvel gave the people what they wanted ...easy fix

2 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-sequel-works-as-todd-phillips-eyes-more-dc-origin-movies-1256255

Todd Phillips getting 100 million for the Joker. LOL Warner Bombs really fails even when they succeed. They could have earned so much more had they been smarter. 

What? I get that you hate it when Todd Philips succeeds but that has nothing to do with the rest of what you said. Plus WB had probably earned more from Joker than any studio has this year from a single movie except for Endgame.

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-sequel-works-as-todd-phillips-eyes-more-dc-origin-movies-1256255

Todd Phillips getting 100 million for the Joker. LOL Warner Bombs really fails even when they succeed. They could have earned so much more had they been smarter. 

The unexpected bounty also is generating a huge payday for Phillips, 48. Sources say the director will earn close to $100 million when the dust has settled (he deferred his upfront salary in exchange for a bigger slice of the adjusted gross). In fact, the deal is similar to one he struck with Warners before the first Hangover movie, which went on to earn a surprise $467.5 million worldwide in 2009 off a $35 million budget (the trilogy took in $1.42 billion).

I agree, WB knew this was gonna make a billion from day 1 so they should've just given Philips an upfront pay instead of a back-end deal %. he already pulled that trick on them with the hangover 10 years ago :rofl: 

WB never learns. they even co-financed this film by 50% (despite this film being a non-risky sure hit) so their profits are also less. if only they had been smarter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

WB never learns. they even co-financed this film by 50% (despite this film being a non-risky sure hit) so their profits are also less. if only they had been smarter. 

No but seriously you just learned how movies are financed?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What? I get that you hate it when Todd Philips succeeds but that has nothing to do with the rest of what you said. Plus WB had probably earned more from Joker than any studio has this year from a single movie except for Endgame.

They co-financed the movie (what a dumb decision) and will be getting only 50% of the earnings. Todd Phillips getting 100 million - so that leaves even less money for WB. I read that they'll finance all of the awards campaigning as well - which will be costly.  

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I agree, WB knew this was gonna make a billion from day 1 so they should've just given Philips an upfront pay instead of a back-end deal %. he already pulled that trick on them with the hangover 10 years ago :rofl: 

They are so stupid lol. But it's not surprising coming from the studio that tanked Harry Potter and DC.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

They co-financed the movie (what a dumb decision) and will be getting only 50% of the earnings. Todd Phillips getting 100 million - so that leaves even less money for WB. I read that they'll finance all of the awards campaigning as well - which will be costly.  

Almost every studio cofinances pretty much all their movies. The only studio that doesn't is Disney. WB should still be getting a good profit out of this and it also means they can maintain a pretty good relationship with the co-financiers. And awards campaigns cost 30 mil max.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Almost every studio cofinances pretty much all their movies. The only studio that doesn't is Disney. WB should still be getting a good profit out of this and it also means they can maintain a pretty good relationship with the co-financiers. And awards campaigns cost 30 mil max.

Co-financing 50% was a stupid movie. It's budget was minimal. There was no way it was going to lose money. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Co-financing 50% was a stupid movie. It's budget was minimal. There was no way it was going to lose money. 

Absolutely nobody could have predicted that it would make more profits than Infinity War. And you, obviously, have no idea how movies are financed - you literally just found out about co-financing because of Joker. It is hilarious.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I really don't want to go through another 10 years of 3-4 superhero movies every year. Can't they die any sooner? 

why would they die if they have an audience? if you don't want more superhero movies to be made you should go and urge people to stop watching them, otherwise I don't get your point.

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Absolutely nobody could have predicted that it would make more profits than Infinity War. And you, obviously, have no idea how movies are financed - you literally just found out about co-financing because of Joker. It is hilarious.

pretty sure WB knew Joker will break the R-rated record and take the Golden Lion at Venice. 

37 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

I know how co-financing works. 50% is ridiculous to give up.

12 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I actually do want to see Snyder's cut just for the Barry/Iris scenes that were completly cut from JL. Plus, it would be rather amusing to see the very same fans who've been campaigning for this predictably whining about the inevitable criticisms and mocking from Snyder "haters." They want it out there so they should be able to take the bad with the good but I very much doubt that.

If we get the Snyder cut we won't have time to read the negative comments, we'll be too busy celebrating yet another prediction from haters that failed gloriously.