Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Damn it Lord Feige, because of you I just had a 2 hour long argument with my friends about whether being trans is a mental disorder or not and whether it is right or wrong to have trans role models (I was the one who thought that being trans isn't a mental disorder and having trans role models is a good thing while my friends thought the opposite).

I have noticed that people find it very hard to accept that Transgenders exist. 

22 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I have noticed that people find it very hard to accept that Transgenders exist. 

They're fine with trans people existing. But they think there's something biologically wrong with them and we a society just learned to accept it. I guess that's what happens if you watch fucking Stephen Crowder and Dave Rubin everyday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AndyK said:

So there is a "Sersi" in Marvel's eternals

Did they just copy and paste DCs  "Circe".

No they copied/pasted Greece's Circe, the original sorceress.

But since they are trying to make the MCU's Game of Thrones, maybe they should spell it Cersei.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 9:17 AM, Madhuvan said:

I sometimes wonder that people who think Joker is masterpiece have actually seen King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. 

They will be shocked for sure. 

Oh, I would bet a lot of the people proclaiming how brilliant and original the Joker was have never seen a Scorsese film, or any film, except for maybe Star Wars, made before they were born.

I liked Joker, largely because of Phoenix's performance, but it does nothing that Scorsese was not doing...and frankly, doing a bit better....40 years ago.

That the Joker pays homage to Taxi Driver in several scenes, of course, goes above their heads.

I think a lot of Scorsese's comments were ill advised; he should have picked a better way of making his point about how  limited  the menu for theatrirical films is becoming, but the level of idiocy shown by some of the CBM fanboys here is pretty amazing.

And if Marty has become a grumpy old man, I think he has sort of earned that right given the number of great films he has made.

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Knives Out was just stOOpid and insulting, end of.

Rian Johnson is a joke.

But  Rian Johnson s flaw is the same as every leftist, he s

naive and childish.

God, now I KNOW you are just trolling.

It would really be something if either Tenet or Dune somehow ended up being the highest grossing movie of the year. It’ll probably just end up being a Marvel movie, FF9 or (God forbid) Mulan, though. Man, 2020 is just a dry year for big tentpoles. 

48 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It would really be something if either Tenet or Dune somehow ended up being the highest grossing movie of the year. It’ll probably just end up being a Marvel movie, FF9 or (God forbid) Mulan, though. Man, 2020 is just a dry year for big tentpoles. 

Yeah, though I think that the F and F franchise is now past it's prime.

And I would give, given the weakness of the schedule, WW84 a real shot on being of the years biggest moneymakers.

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

So there is a "Sersi" in Marvel's eternals

Did they just copy and paste DCs  "Circe".

:hahaha:

uh, you do know DC lifted Circe straight from Greek mythology, Homer's "Odysssey" in particular.

And Kirby sort of lifted the Eternals straight from his "New Gods" anyway after he returned to Marvel, as a way of getting back at DC for cancelling his Fourth World series.

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

uh, you do know DC lifted Circe straight from Greek mythology, Homer's "Odysssey" in particular.

And Kirby sort of lifted the Eternals straight from his "New Gods" anyway after he returned to Marvel, as a way of getting back at DC for cancelling his Fourth World series.

Of course its from Greek mythology, DC characters are directly entangled with Greek mythology, which is where WW comes from and Circe is a wonder woman comics character since 1949.

The question is, why did marvel think it was a good idea to copy DC 30 years later.

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Of course its from Greek mythology, DC characters are directly entangled with Greek mythology, which is where WW comes from and Circe is a wonder woman comics character since 1949.

The question is, why did marvel think it was a good idea to copy DC 30 years later.

I think you are really reading too much into Sersi and Circe sounding alike.

Fun over in the New Mutants thread seeing the films few remaining fanbois explaning what a surprise hit is going to be and how screening audiences loved it. Despite no evidence that the latter really happened other then a post and a New Mutants fanpage.

And the release date just screams of "Dump" if anything ever did.One week after Disney opens Mulan (and, yes,I know that Disney will be releasing NM) and the week before the new Bond film opens. A bad opening date if ever there was one, but a perfect date for a film you probably have to release only because of contractual obligations.  Why waste a decent opening date on it when you can just dump it in a worthless date?

no one is going to be influenced by the politics of Knives Out.  if people complain about too much liberal, they are overthinking it.  we are encouraged to center on one brand of character, like Katniss Everdeen. or Emma Watson.  the world educational system should be after this.  but instead, they might reject anything connected to...  which reminds the world of liberals or something.  idk, it feels like an excuse to get fatter

Edited by moms 4 opiuM 4 college

Bob iger and the creatively bankrupt folks over at Disney are entertaining turning their baby sitter boba/yoda show into a movie. That show struggles to have enough story to make a 25 minute episode let alone a whole movie:sparta:

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 1