Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just found out merch from the Wonder Woman movie had sells anywhere from 500m to a billion. Pretty crazy

You'd think WB would be pushing her as hard as Batman but nope

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

All his pretentious quotes wouldn't be so annoying if he hadn't made the year's dullest, most been there/seen that movie. Every Marvel movie is better than The Irishbore, and Joker is leaps and bounds above it. Let's put Robert Deniro and Al Pacino in more mob movies with no women in them, no one's seen that before, that's cinema!!!! 

To be fair...

You could pretty much iterate out the whole of Joker from the SNL Oscar the Grouch Parody. That's the extent to which it's following a (albeit non-superhero) formula.

Once you recognise the influences then, yes, you can definitely make an accurate summation mentally of at least 80-90% of the film based on just a couple of minutes of screen time.

That said, if I think the Joker was the Emperor wearing, if no clothes, at least somewhat skimpy attire, then the Irishman is the Emperor going Donald Duck.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Just found out merch from the Wonder Woman movie had sells anywhere from 500m to a billion. Pretty crazy

You'd think WB would be pushing her as hard as Batman but nope

Batman has been the most popular superhero for decades, but what do you mean by "pushing her"? Selling $500M+ of merch (if that's true) and producing a blockbuster sequel indicates that they are "pushing"/cashing in on Wonder Woman more than ever?

DC fans are freaking out on twitter. They used to think Martin only hates Marvel movies. 😂😂

Come to think of it Joker is just rehash of King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. There is no need for Martin to see this movie anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I sometimes wonder that people who think Joker is masterpiece have actually seen King of Thieves and Taxi Driver. 

They will be shocked for sure. 

I have seen both Taxi Driver and Joker, both are masterpiece. Personally prefer Taxi Driver more .

Case closed. 

And I don't know why King of Thieve is in this equation.  

In 2014, Spider-Man sold more than twice in merchandise than Batman 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281

And since then, SM has gone only bigger. 

There is no comparison when it comes to merchandise. SM is too big. That's why Disney acquired back SM merchandise rights from Sony. 

Just now, Madhuvan said:

In 2014, Spider-Man sold more than twice in merchandise than Batman 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281

And since then, SM has gone only bigger. 

There is no comparison when it comes to merchandise. SM is too big. That's why Disney acquired back SM merchandise rights from Sony. 

As far as merchandise numbers are concerned, the most recent one I found is this.

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

I have seen both Taxi Driver and Joker, both are masterpiece. Personally prefer Taxi Driver more .

Case closed. 

And I don't know why King of Thieve is in this equation.  

King of Comedy. Sorry. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

As far as merchandise numbers are concerned, the most recent one I found is this.

There has to be something more recent? That data is from 2015-2016 and U.S only.

Edit: After searching google that does seem to be the most recent update on rankings. Maybe a new update we'll come in 2020.

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions

19 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

There has to be something more recent? That data is from 2015-2016 and U.S only.

Edit: After searching google that does seem to be the most recent update on rankings. Maybe a new update we'll come in 2020.

I’m sure there will be an update by the time the Summer of 2021 rolls around, seeing as how a Batman reboot and the third MCU Spider-Man movie are being released a few weeks apart. Unfortunately, I’m not really interested in either of those movies. 

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

All his pretentious quotes wouldn't be so annoying if he hadn't made the year's dullest, most been there/seen that movie. Every Marvel movie is better than The Irishbore, and Joker is leaps and bounds above it. Let's put Robert Deniro and Al Pacino in more mob movies with no women in them, no one's seen that before, that's cinema!!!! 

The best MCU movie isn't even half as good as The Irishman, lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

This says alot considering you hate Marvel lol

• Haha 2