3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Most important MCU movies :

1) Iron Man (2008), Jon Favreau

2) Avengers (2012), Joss Whedon

3) Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), James Gunn

4) Avengers Infinity War ( 2018), Anthony & Joe Russo

The Magic 5.

J directors are lucky charm for MCU

People love The Mandalorian. I don’t really see how anyone can dispute that. Even the guys at RedLetterMedia seem to think it’s pretty good. I’m past the point of really caring about anything Star Wars related, but The Mandalorian is probably the least divisive Star Wars related thing that Disney has put out thus far. 

Edited by WittyUsername

24 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

so if you liked the witcher then the critics were wrong? :stirthepot:

No I just don't know why they would pull out The Witcher's reviews in response to what I said about The Mandalorian, as if I said The Witcher was critically revered. 

37 minutes ago, TMP said:

lol I didn't like The Witcher at all, of course a 53 isn't good.

I have not seen the Witcher so have no opinion about whether it's good or not, but I think the attempts of the fans of the show to herald it as the next GOTin terms of success  is ridiculous.

Appears to be a farily successful fantasy show.

Edited by dudalb

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have not seen the Witcher so have no opinion about whether it's good or not, but I think the attempts of the fans of the show to herald it as the next GOTin terms of success  is ridiculous.

Appears to be a farily successful fantasy show.

more like it was  the critics who were complaining why the witcher isn't like GoT. 

Capture.PNG

I haven't started the show yet but anyone who was a fan of the books knows that the story of the witcher is not remotely similar to GoT. (unless of course the only thing that you got out of GoT is the big action set pieces and dragons, rather than the political conflicts in the early seasons then the similarities would only be that they're both high fantasy series but that's not what made GoT great) 

So, between the Star Wars ST or DC’s Snyderverse, which one would people say has proven to be the bigger mess at the end of the day? Keep in mind, this isn’t necessarily a question over which one was better. It’s more a question over which one had the least flattering end result, once you factor in things like development, the press releases, PR, damage control, etc. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

As far as genre TV this year goes, Watchmen was the best by a country mile

I would say Barry S2 and Undone (not sure it could be called a genre show but it has fantasy elements in it) better. Watchmen was amazing but the finale was somewhat underwhelming. For a series that was so creative for most of its run, the finale was pretty predictable and half-baked.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I would say Barry S2 and Undone (not sure it could be called a genre show but it has fantasy elements in it) better. Watchmen was amazing but the finale was somewhat underwhelming. For a series that was so creative for most of its run, the finale was pretty predictable and half-baked.

Barry ain't a genre show at all, lmao. Undone counts. Watchmen had a great finale! Thematically everything came to a satisfying conclusion, especially that scene between Will and Angela at the theatre. 

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

As far as genre TV this year goes, Watchmen was the best by a country mile

I agree;though if you throw out the Genre I would say Chernobyle was the year's best.

For something lighter, "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" is easily the best comedy show on TV.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I agree;though if you throw out the Genre I would say Chernobyle was the year's best.

For something lighter, "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" is easily the best comedy show on TV.

Chernobyl was great. As far as comedies go, Barry and Fleabag were both fantastic 

Edited by TMP

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, between the Star Wars ST or DC’s Snyderverse, which one would people say has proven to be the bigger mess at the end of the day? Keep in mind, this isn’t necessarily a question over which one was better. It’s more a question over which one had the least flattering end result, once you factor in things like development, the press releases, PR, damage control, etc. 

DC course corrected. Lucasfilm hasn't had the chance yet. Let's see how they handle the next Star Wars movies, Disney+ series, etc first.