Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, between the Star Wars ST or DC’s Snyderverse, which one would people say has proven to be the bigger mess at the end of the day? Keep in mind, this isn’t necessarily a question over which one was better. It’s more a question over which one had the least flattering end result, once you factor in things like development, the press releases, PR, damage control, etc. 

OH, the Snyderverse. BOth are messes, but imho the Star Wars ST has more good stuff floating around in the mess then the Snyderverse.And at it's worst, Star Wars ST never got into the "Martha" scene range.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Chernobyl was great. As far as comedies go, Barry and Fleabag were both fantastic 

Right about Fleabag, though I still think "Maisel" was a bit better.

Have not seen Barry to be honest

I keep hoping that HBO will do another great World War 2 series, like "Band of Brothers" or "The Pacific" but understand that "Masters of the Air"..a factual series about the US Eight Airforce campaign against Germany produced by the Spielberg/Hanks company that did "Brothers" and "Pacific
 was picked up by the new Apple service.

4 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

DC course corrected. Lucasfilm hasn't had the chance yet. Let's see how they handle the next Star Wars movies, Disney+ series, etc first.

He specifaclly said "Snyderverse" which  Warners had had the good sense to abandon.

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Barry ain't a genre show at all, lmao. Undone counts. Watchmen had a great finale! Thematically everything came to a satisfying conclusion, especially that scene between Will and Angela at the theatre. 

I thought Barry would be genre since its a show about a hitman.

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, between the Star Wars ST or DC’s Snyderverse, which one would people say has proven to be the bigger mess at the end of the day? Keep in mind, this isn’t necessarily a question over which one was better. It’s more a question over which one had the least flattering end result, once you factor in things like development, the press releases, PR, damage control, etc. 

Definitely Snyderverse, the potential was there (a good BVS would’ve done $200M OW and over 1.3 WW, who knows what Justice League would have done following it) but it was terribly mishandled and sadly, if it wasn’t for Wonder Woman and Aquaman, we could’ve just closed that entire universe.

Matt Reeves’ Batman would have been the first installment in a totally new series.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

52 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Both were good but Witcher is what I liked more but Baby Yoda is the shit.  

As for movies I've already noticed an uptake in Disney fanboys attacking Dune. 

I hope it kicks ass but expecting 475 domestic is crazy. Perhaps if 99/85 RT/MC with a ton of advertising.

I sure as hell hope it does that. We could use a crazy overperformance like Joker. Ww1984 I think beats it for DOM title.

18 minutes ago, moms 4 opiuM 4 college said:

I refuse to watch Mandalorian.   

babies fucking suck, they ruin everything.  

Harsh. When mine was waking up 7 times a night I felt the same way. Now I still feel like she be a GIANT pain but I would be more lost without her than my own wife. Wife said the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Harsh. When mine was waking up 7 times a night I felt the same way. Now I still feel like she be a GIANT pain but I would be more lost without her than my own wife. Wife said the same.

i don't understand, but less power to parents.  we don't need them

but we do need grade school professors and coaches

Edited by moms 4 opiuM 4 college

All his pretentious quotes wouldn't be so annoying if he hadn't made the year's dullest, most been there/seen that movie. Every Marvel movie is better than The Irishbore, and Joker is leaps and bounds above it. Let's put Robert Deniro and Al Pacino in more mob movies with no women in them, no one's seen that before, that's cinema!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 5
  • Disbelief 1