Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

We’ve already seen what a well received Batman movie can do so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Batman near the top of the domestic and WW charts if the movie delivers. Great year for cbm in 2021

• Like 1

I might be sounding like a broken record at this point, but no matter how hard I try, I just can’t get myself particularly excited for the next Batman movie. I’m already iffy on there being yet another reboot for the character, but the more I hear about the movie, the more I’m just left shrugging my shoulders and wondering what exactly is supposed to make it so special. So far, it just sounds like we’re going to get a bunch of stuff we’ve already seen before. I like Robert Pattinson’s casting, but I’ve been extremely ambivalent to everything else so far. Couldn’t we have at least gotten someone other than Michael Giacchino to do the score? I’m sick of that guy being attached to everything.

I’d be happy to be surprised by the movie, but it just seems like it’s something that’s too little too late. To be clear, I feel the same way about the MCU right now. If it hadn’t been for that cliffhanger ending, I would’ve had zero anticipation for the next MCU Spider-Man film.  Into the Spider-Verse 2 can’t come quickly enough.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Batman is more likely to do over 400M than Avatar 2 is to make 550M. 

People underestimating Avatar 2 can do so at their own peril. I'm not on the hype train that some of the more fanatical members ride, but James Cameron will deliver a visual masterpiece and it's coming out during Christmas with Disney now backing it. It's gonna make bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Lol, Avatar will definitely cross 550m Domestic. 

Doubting James Cameron is never good. He has very good track record at box office which Matt Reeves will love to have. 

Saying Batman above 400m is more likely than Avatar 2 at 550m 😂😂😂

Waiting to sew all these faces when Avatar 2 grosses more than 600m Domestic. 

If he is taking time you better believe he is doing something fantastic that will change a lot in cinema. James Cameron is not a hack director he is one of the most talented Director ever. 

34 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Lol, Avatar will definitely cross 550m Domestic. 

Doubting James Cameron is never good. He has very good track record at box office which Matt Reeves will love to have. 

Saying Batman above 400m is more likely than Avatar 2 at 550m 😂😂😂

Waiting to sew all these faces when Avatar 2 grosses more than 600m Domestic. 

If he is taking time you better believe he is doing something fantastic that will change a lot in cinema. James Cameron is not a hack director he is one of the most talented Director ever. 

thinking casual audiences go to movies based on who directs them is more naive. (only exception is Nolan). 

Batman is more popular than Avatar as an IP and if whoever directs it makes something solid it'll make bank. 

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

thinking casual audiences go to movies based on who directs them is more naive. (only exception is Nolan). 

Nolan's latest movies as director:

Interstellar: 677.5 million

Dunkirk: $525,2 million

Cameron's latest movies as director:

Titanic: 2.19 billion

I'm just curious, how do you come to the conclusion that Nolan's name carries more weight than Cameron?

Edited by Alexdube
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I'm just curious, how do you come to the conclusion that Nolan's name carries more weight than Cameron?

Cameron is much popular director than Nolan. But people on Internet have a weird fetish with everything Nolan

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Cameron is much popular director than Nolan. But people on Internet have a weird fetish with everything Nolan

Despite the fact Cameron's last two films are two of the highest grossing of all time, those two are the only ones he's made in the last 25 years or so. Considering box office knowledge is pretty niche, that makes him far less relevant than Nolan nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Despite the fact Cameron's last two films are two of the highest grossing of all time, those two are the only ones he's made in the last 25 years or so. Considering box office knowledge is pretty niche, that makes him far less relevant than Nolan nowadays.

😂😂😂😂😂

You guys really. James Cameron less relevant than Nolan. 🤣🤣

I think box office figure of Avatar 2 will tell everything. 

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

People underestimating Avatar 2 can do so at their own peril. I'm not on the hype train that some of the more fanatical members ride, but James Cameron will deliver a visual masterpiece and it's coming out during Christmas with Disney now backing it. It's gonna make bank.

I'm negative too but yeah gimme 2.0+ billion up to 3 with 500 min DOM up to 750

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I mean sure Nolan has been more relevant in the 2010s because Cameron hasn't directed 1 goddamn movie. But watch when the Avatar 2 trailer drops, the online buzz is going to blow Tenet out of the water, whether it looks amazing or not

Edited by Alexdube

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I mean sure Nolan has been more relevant in the 2010s because Cameron hasn't directed 1 goddamn movie. But watch when the Avatar 2 trailer drops, the online buzz is going to blow Tenet out of the water, whether it looks amazing or not

Well...yeah. The debate was about the weight of the director's name. I don't think anyone here is arguing that Tenet will come close to Avatar 2 in terms of buzz or box office.

20 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Well...yeah. The debate was about the weight of the director's name. I don't think anyone here is arguing that Tenet will come close to Avatar 2 in terms of buzz or box office.

But then how do you determine the weight of a director's name? That's the problem isn't it? Has Nolan ever won 11 Oscars for a movie? No. Has Nolan ever created a worldwide phenomenon on the scale of Titanic? No. And his biggest movies are riding on the success of a hugely popular IP. Other than that, none of his movies are as iconic as Cameron's. As much as I love Inception, it's not a Terminator 2.

Don't get me wrong, Nolan is a brilliant filmmaker, but he's more niche than Cameron. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

Titanic is fair but Avatar's success had nothing to do with Cameron's name as a draw, people went to see that because of the 3D gimmick.