Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm dead at audiences all over the world completely ignoring the two movies called by critics "the right path for DC moving forward": Shazam and Birds Of Prey. LMAO

Shazam! did perfectly fine for a movie that was sandwiched in between two big Marvel films, the latter of which is officially the highest grossing movie of all time. As for Birds of Prey, though, yeah, things are not looking good at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm dead at audiences all over the world completely ignoring the two movies called by critics "the right path for DC moving forward": Shazam and Birds Of Prey. LMAO

The Snyderverse is not coming back. Live with it.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Snyderverse is not coming back. Live with it.

And that's why the DC franchise continues to struggle at the box office. When Zack Snyder was unofficially serving as the head of DC Films the franchise had a great run at the box office: Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman were big hits. Not one single box office flop. The man knows what audiences want.

• Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Maybe it’s just a result of how depressing the news regarding Birds of Prey is (and I wasn’t even looking forward to that one), but I’m actually kind of warming up to the Matt Reeves Batman film. At this point, I’m all for rebooting Batman. I just hope WB has the sense to keep Robert Pattinson’s Batman separate from the other DC movie franchises. 

It will be interesting to see how the DC audience responds to James Gunn's Suicide Squad, after rejecting Shazam and Birds Of Prey.

Last time WB brought a Marvel director without Kevin Feige's "supervision" we witnessed one of the greatest disasters in the history of Mankind. 

Everything Gunn directed or produced outside of Feige's hands bombed with audiences

Brightburn: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt7752126/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

The Belko Experiment: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1082807/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

Super: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1512235/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

Movie 43: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt1333125/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

Slither: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt0439815/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

I won't make any predictions because I think that's stupid but I will just post here two groups of DC movies from the last 10 years and their box office openings and I leave it to you to picture where James Gunn's style is more likely to fall into.

Batman v Superman - $166 million

The Dark Knight Rises - $161 million

Suicide Squad - $133 million

Man Of Steel - $117 million

Wonder Woman - $103 million

Joker - $96 million

Teen Titans Go to the Movies - $10 million

Birds Of Prey - $33 million (current projection)

Shazam - $53 million

Lego Batman - $53 million

Green Lantern - $53 million

90% of BOT members are ignoring the simple & objective fact that BOP is a sad attempt at making a

"All Men are Trash and deserve a severe R Rated ass whoopin, Yaaaaas Queen Harley, swing that baseball bat to their faces' movie because ???

Because things ?

GA have common sense and don't want to partake in the insanity of woke identity politics bullshit in their movies.

They simply don't give a fuck.

And you should to.

Hollywood and common sense on the other hand ...

And frankly, I blame Trump for this.

All this insanity has taken center stage in american politics discussions and it s gotten ridiculous, toxic and quite sad to be honest.

BOP is Ghostbusters 2016 all over again except Ghostbusters was harmless

but

BOP is just mean spirited.

Who wants that ?

Wonder Woman was the sweetest romantic story in a superhero movie and was the box office phenomenon of summer 2017 in the US and people wonder why BOP doesn't resonate ?

:hahaha:

95% of Women are not crazy ass Third Wave Woke Twitter feminists, they still want to believe in romance, love and enchantment.

Like most normal people do.

Other R rated superhero movies ?

Deadpool, Deadpool 2 & Logan were ALL about love.

Joker is an outlier that can't be compared to anything else, that s how unique the movie is in its nature and insane box office success.

Look at the top 300 movies WW of the last 30 years and there is not ONE movie that can be compared to the Joker.

None.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

How do you do that

If you are on the desktop website I think hovering over a username shows options to ignore. Otherwise on mobile website click on the 3 horizontal bars on the top left then click on Account and then click on Ignored Users. On the ignored users page type in a users name, then select the user when their name shows up and click add. 

I think on desktop version the account option is also at the top

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Aquaman was so bad and made so much money, but the two following "in continuity" movies they released were so much better but barely made close to as much. 

Huh? Aquaman was fun as hell. Bvs sucked and justice league was trash

54 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe it’s just a result of how depressing the news regarding Birds of Prey is (and I wasn’t even looking forward to that one), but I’m actually kind of warming up to the Matt Reeves Batman film. At this point, I’m all for rebooting Batman. I just hope WB has the sense to keep Robert Pattinson’s Batman separate from the other DC movie franchises. 

I agree, except, as I've said before, I do want it to be connected to Joker.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

I thought it was really bad outside of the VFX work 🤷‍♂️ 

Damn that's sad. Man I enjoyed the heck out of it. Seriously. It was obviously crazy but I thought in a fun way. China went nuts for it. I imagine the sequel does 400+ there.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I agree, except, as I've said before, I do want it to be connected to Joker.

London is standing in for Gotham in Batman '21 while New York was Gotham in Joker; even beyond that there's a different actor playing Alfred here