Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Star Wars has become as subtle as a Michael Bay movie.

Pain and Gain (with all its faults) > any Disney Star Wars movie (except maybe Rogue One...)

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

I only understand about half of futurist's posts to be fair. 

Also of note while I've got you here, I recently re-watched Titanic and I'm sure it's one of my top movies of all time. While I'm sure the avatar series will be fun watches in the cinema, are you, as a Cameron fan, not disappointed that he's spending so much time on these movies when he could be making more classics like Titanic?

This isn't about getting into an ''avatar has/hasn't held up'' debate, but it's impossible to say that Titanic hasn't had more of an impact among popular culture than avatar as far as being a cinematic classic goes. I think cameron is an amazing storyteller, and has the potential to tell some more great, heart-wrenching stories like that one. 

Who says Avatar 2 won’t be heart wrenching? Imagine if IW had an actual beating heart and the ending was more than a fun meme/joke? Jimbo has a whole universe to tell whatever story he wants. Why not use the Avatar universe as the vehicle? He can tell any story he wants in Avatar 2.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why would Cameron make another Titanic when he has avatar - the biggest movie of all time. It’s the perfect sci-fi franchise to replace Star Wars - expect even better because it’s not dull as **** and people intentionally care about it (poor Star Wars).  

True. Avatar is already bigger than star wars. 2b seems to be SW's peak, a figure A2 will hit with ease

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

I only understand about half of futurist's posts to be fair. 

Also of note while I've got you here, I recently re-watched Titanic and I'm sure it's one of my top movies of all time. While I'm sure the avatar series will be fun watches in the cinema, are you, as a Cameron fan, not disappointed that he's spending so much time on these movies when he could be making more classics like Titanic?

This isn't about getting into an ''avatar has/hasn't held up'' debate, but it's impossible to say that Titanic hasn't had more of an impact among popular culture than avatar as far as being a cinematic classic goes. I think cameron is an amazing storyteller, and has the potential to tell some more great, heart-wrenching stories like that one. 

Am I disappointed that Jim isn't doing more original pieces rather than Avatar sequels? Not at all I'm excited.

All Jim films are great on the re-watch and Avatar is no exception, if you let it take you Pandora it's out of this world and is heart-wrenching. Avatar is actually one of my favourite Jim films as I'm a sucker for spectacle and there is buckets of potential for great sequels.

He created a new world with Avatar and Jim be damned if all that design and research gets thrown out with one movie. Avatar has a message which is important to Jim which is environmentalism, we're killing our Planet and don't show any signs of slowing down. Jim has seen how well the message resonated in 2009 and hopes with a saga he could change the world. This is the sort of guy Jim is, no mountain too steep etc,etc. He's seen that he can get the environmental message to hundreds of millions so he feels it's his duty to help save the world.

I want to see a Jim saga, it will be his legacy. He wants to make this generations Star Wars and that's something I want to see.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

You take stupid and simplistic approach to matters that are complex and require a nuanced approach. I see now that you are not the person to do the latter.

If you tell a villain he's a villain. nothing happens. Nobody wins anything and everyone has lost their time. If you try to convince a villain that his ways are unethical and inhumane, if we did that with every villain, then maybe we would have less villains (reform). But if instead of reason, you use spite to approach him, guess what, you get more villains, because that's the easiest way to radicalize people.

But it's not on you, right? Who the fuck is it on to better this fucking world and not hand a dumpster fire to the next generation, if it's not on everyone?

Anyway,I rest my case. There's nothing more on this subject that I can add.

Imagine thinking people that treat other people as less than are worth helping/"saving".

Imagine thinking people who are OK with kids being put in cages are worth me talking to and finding out "why" they think that way.

Can you imagine thinking that?

10 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Imagine thinking people that treat other people as less than are worth helping/"saving".

Imagine thinking people who are OK with kids being put in cages are worth me talking to and finding out "why" they think that way.

I can't imagine you doing that at this point, no, all I expect from you is more pitiful efforts to be a smartass.

But there are some people who are above that, and to me they are heroes, like the dude below:

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/20/544861933/how-one-man-convinced-200-ku-klux-klan-members-to-give-up-their-robes?t=1529516539599

Edited by LaughingEvans

16 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If they are a large number of people to be seen as an issue, someone that would want to diminish the issue could easily to all that it is really easy to imagine it.

9 hours ago, Hades said:

Food for though

These guys are awesome. They embrace their nerdish nature and make a great living out of it (most of their videos have millions of views) and they actually know what they are talking about. Their post-release ghostbusters 2016 “scientist man” video (not the half in the bag review) is one of the best I have ever seen on YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

These guys are awesome. They embrace their nerdish nature and make a great living out of it (most of their videos have millions of views) and they actually know what they are talking about. Their post-release ghostbusters 2016 “scientist man” video (not the half in the bag review) is one of the best I have ever seen on YouTube. 

That video is great.

Rich: "They could just make a good movie."

Mike: "I'm afraid that's not an option."

Meanwhile at WB

XthG354.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Versus WB old strategies of doing bad movies.... some headline can be really ridiculous.

I mean their strategy with DCEU before was basically "make movies as quickly as possible and catch up to MCU." Don't think quality was really on their mind when they were aimlessly fast tracking some of those movies.

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean their strategy with DCEU before was basically "make movies as quickly as possible and catch up to MCU." Don't think quality was really on their mind when they were aimlessly fast tracking some of those movies.

This is fanboy talk I am sorry.

When you work 15 hours a day/7 days a week for 2/3 years on a movie, sure , your main goal is to deliver crap.

Sounds legit.

All movies have difficulties and special circumstances surrounding them but 99% of people who work on them strive for greatness.

What would be the point if otherwise really ?

Edited by The Futurist